Living Waters strings, WOW!!

maki66

Reaction score
I changed out my baritone strings last night on my Kala.
Said I was going to keep the Aquila supernyguts on because they sounded good, and I couldn't imagine better, but...
Those Living Waters are tremendous!

Yes, Ken has done a really nice job with these. They really ring beautifully.

Did you go linear (low d) or reentrant (high d) ?
I went with the standard low d tuning.
What strike's me most is the evenness of timbre across all of the strings.
I can also strum pretty vigorously without any buzz.
Naturally, since I favor Flouro carbon, I love the feel.
Ken has a winner in these, for sure. It makes me want to try a set on my concert Magic Fluke.

+1 for Living Water strings. I have a Low-G set on my Kamaka Tenor, and they make it sound like a harp in Heaven! :)

I just put a set on my Koaloha KSM-00 soprano — Very nice results. I’m thinking of trying a set on my Pono mango baritone and a low G set on my Collings Tenor.

Funny, I ordered a set yesterday for my maple Brueko from Uke Republic. I have them on my sapele Opio and love them.

I have a set of high g waiting to go on my concert Flea. One day very soon I'll put them on;)

I have them on nearly all my ukes, (& that's quite a few ;) ), I use concert scale low G on both tenor & concert scales, & have them on my cedar top bari too. :)

I have a set of Living Water low G on my Kamaka baritone. I am extremely happy with the results. I have the Living Water's on some of my other ukulele's as well and the sound is equally pleasing.

Next time I change strings on my all mahogany Kala (now has Aquilas and a D'addario lo G) do you think I would like the Living Waters better?

I have a set of high dGBE custom tenor strings on my tenor and love them. i bought a set of soprano gCEA and decided to put them on my concert instead. I don’t like this set up thouhgh...I believe it’s my fault for putting soprano strings on my concert because I feel the tension is too much and they feel like cheese wire. I was surprised because the Martin m600 are for soprano and concert with a great feel. I do LOVE my tenor set though

In fairness I've not compared many, but restrung a couple and indeed wow love them

Next time I change strings on my all mahogany Kala (now has Aquilas and a D'addario lo G) do you think I would like the Living Waters better?

Hi Nickie, you have years of experience and, without a doubt. deep knowledge and strong personal preferences.
I can't say what you are going to like. My stock strings were very good and I didn't expect much improvement, but the Living Waters
were SO much better to my ear. Like I said, I do enjoy flouro carbons.
And there are some who really like wound low strings, you may be one of these.
But, if you enjoy the spirit of experimentation, and can afford them(they are NOT cheap) try them.
If you don't like them, message me and I'll take them off your hands?
I like them enough to want a spare set.

Top Bottom