Fluke or Flea

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'm a glutton when it comes to ukuleles - never have enough. I ordered a basic walnut Flea, which should arrive on Wednesday, but I thought I might like a fancier one, too. Looking on their site, I picked out both a Fluke and a Flea, with the Woodie graphic on the front, hardwood fretboard, concert size, with the player sound port. They are within $7.00 of each other.

Since I will have a Flea, it would be nice to have a Fluke, as well, although I prefer the shape of the Flea. Looks aside, why might I prefer one over the other, as in sound and playability? Tough question, I know, but that's why you're getting the big bucks. :eek:

While similar construction and flawless build quality, the simple answer is that in fact they SOUND different.

The Fluke has a bit of a deeper tone than the Flea. This is both because of the shape and increased air volume inside the body of the Fluke.

While you are waiting, you may enjoy checking the Magic Fluke Company mega-thread, which you can get to from the FAQ link in my signature below...

I will be eagerly looking forward to your NUD post(s) when your new babies arrive. :)

Toss a coin, buy both, when I asked a friend why he got a flea instead of a fluke he responded that the flea fit in his harley saddle bags.....

I don't ride harley, wanted a concert size, spouse said get an instrument with a solid wood top at the very least (she has played stringed instruments for 46 years) like the overall aesthetic of the Magic Fluke instruments....bought a Fluke with Spruce top, rosewood fret board, gear pegs.....haven't looked back or thought twice about if it was a good choice or not......Happy Fluke Player (novice) here!

Top Bottom