Case for a Fluke

/Users/charlesmiller/Desktop/IMG_9608.JPG
/Users/charlesmiller/Desktop/IMG_4245.JPG
/Users/charlesmiller/Desktop/IMG_2835.JPG

]107081[/attach]IMG_4245.jpg

Sorry - I post photos so rarely, I always have problems when I try to remember how to upload them! Anyway, it's a cool case.

Attachments

• IMG_9608.jpg
    IMG_9608.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Fremont cases are good stuff. I really like those. I had a TKL "gun bag/rifle bag" once with a Fluke that I stupidly got rid of.

My Flukes fit just fine, with a little wiggle room inside the standard canvas-covered hard foam cases like those sold by Lanikai and Kala, etc aka 'Uke Crazy' brand type.

Only issue is with PegHeds you want to spy one that has a wider inner headstock area with about a 6" space that is open otherwise it will rub or press on the tuner buttons of the PegHeds.

This type of case can be found all over, like Amazon, eBay, etc for starting at $30 and is very durable.

I got some of mine (all different 'brand names') from Amazon, others from Sweetwater, and others from Empire Music in Canada, and they are all essentially the same, Chinese-made product.

My Flukes fit just fine, with a little wiggle room inside the standard canvas-covered hard foam cases like those sold by Lanikai and Kala, etc aka 'Uke Crazy' brand type.

Only issue is with PegHeds you want to spy one that has a wider inner headstock area with about a 6" space that is open otherwise it will rub or press on the tuner buttons of the PegHeds.

I don't think the used Flea I'm getting (with Pegheds) has a case. I'll find out in a couple of days. I'll have to check measurements carefully.

My Grover 9NB tuners should arrive tomorrow, and I might see about putting them on the new walnut Flea that arrived yesterday. They were delayed by the storm. I'd like to put them on my Woodie Fluke, depending on how the Flea conversion goes.

Some of those hardish canvas cases are shaped for a regular uke inside, so I'll have to be careful not to order one like that. I have a case like that, so I'll try it with the Flea and Fluke.

I don't think the used Flea I'm getting (with Pegheds) has a case. I'll find out in a couple of days. I'll have to check measurements carefully.

My Grover 9NB tuners should arrive tomorrow, and I might see about putting them on the new walnut Flea that arrived yesterday. They were delayed by the storm. I'd like to put them on my Woodie Fluke, depending on how the Flea conversion goes.

Some of those hardish canvas cases are shaped for a regular uke inside, so I'll have to be careful not to order one like that. I have a case like that, so I'll try it with the Flea and Fluke.

It does not matter if the foam inside the body area is shaped for a figure-eight body uke, both Fluke and Flea ukes will fit just fine.

I have them for both a concert and tenor Flea, as well as concert and tenor Flukes. The part of the case area that would support the waist of a figure-eight shaped uke will just help to place the Fluke or Flea body 'below' that area, i.e., to the right so that the butt-end of the Fluke or Flea is closer to the end of the case.

However, not all cases are exactly the same and may have 1-2" variances in the spacing inside. If overly concerned you can het the same kind of case, but with an oval body area which is designed for a 'pineapple' shaped uke and then you might have to pad the space with foam or a towel or something to prevent lateral movement.

Whichever case of this type, I prefer the kind that has a strap with velcro across the neck area, and this will hold the uke in position. Cases without this strap, the uke can flop around inside.

It does not matter if the foam inside the body area is shaped for a figure-eight body uke, both Fluke and Flea ukes will fit just fine.

I have them for both a concert and tenor Flea, as well as concert and tenor Flukes. The part of the case area that would support the waist of a figure-eight shaped uke will just help to place the Fluke or Flea body 'below' that area, i.e., to the right so that the butt-end of the Fluke or Flea is closer to the end of the case.

However, not all cases are exactly the same and may have 1-2" variances in the spacing inside. If overly concerned you can het the same kind of case, but with an oval body area which is designed for a 'pineapple' shaped uke and then you might have to pad the space with foam or a towel or something to prevent lateral movement.

Whichever case of this type, I prefer the kind that has a strap with velcro across the neck area, and this will hold the uke in position. Cases without this strap, the uke can flop around inside.

Thanks. Good info. Yes, I like that Velcro strap. I also like at least a shoulder strap, but preferably a backpack set of straps.

Thanks. Good info. Yes, I like that Velcro strap. I also like at least a shoulder strap, but preferably a backpack set of straps.

Most of these canvas-covered hard foam cases come with 1-2 straps, as well as attachment loops on the side as well as the back. But as an adult-sized burly man, I find these included straps too short and too tight unless I am wearing a t-shirt only to wear as a backpack. Thus, I only use them as a side shoulder strap.

Other cases have integrated and padded backpack straps, but will cost more than the $30 reference price.

Lanikai has nice cases in their 'hard bag' series that have 25mm of foam padding, as well as a hard shell around the perimeter, and these have nice padded backpack straps. I have one in Baritone size and it is very nice, but they start at like $50 for them and only come in 2 colors of a black floral pattern and then a cyan-blue/yellow/black floral pattern which is kind of bright for my taste, but I got it on sale so ended up with the cyan-blue color.

You may be able to find better backpack straps at a Cabela's or Dick's Sporting Goods that you can clip on to the attachment points on the cheaper cases, but I have not investigated pricing as of yet.

Top Bottom