FS: New Soprano Apricot Fruit Wood Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is another new soprano size uke made of 12 year old solid Apricot fruit wood for the body. Very nice color and richness to the wood. The neck is old colorful Mango wood with a truss rod. Hardwood fingerboard made of rosewood, also with a rosewood bridge. White plastic dots for the fret markers with white side dots included. Bone nut and compensated bridge saddle. Two maple wood rings for the sound hole rosette. Grover brand chrome geared tuners with plastic cream-colored knobs. Clear Worth brand strings. The playing scale is 13 3/4". Nut width is 1 3/8". There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth feel. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow woody quality to the sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed, 2 day trial period or your money back minus shipping costs. No case but I will double box for safe
shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukuleles, labeled signed and dated. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me at duane@blackbearukuleles dot net if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$475

Attachments

• 2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-a.jpg
    2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-a.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-b.jpg
    2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-b.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-c.jpg
    2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-c.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-d.jpg
    2018-3-5 Apricot Soprano uke-d.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
That grain pattern on the top looks especially nice.

Good luck with the sale! :)

I really like this one. For some reason it just seems cool to use fruit tree wood. I remember another of Duane's ukuleles, some time back, I think it was a concert with a spruce top and peach(?) sides/back. Still wish I had jumped on that one! Good luck with your sale. It's been great to see more new Black Bears lately.

-Steve

ooh a concert with peach? I would have loved that one, too! Since I'm originally from Georgia, peaches are my jam.

This apricot one is really pretty, Duane. Bet it sounds wonderful!

Peach and Apricot fruit woods are very similar in color and texture. I don't have any more Peach wood but do have a little bit more of the Apricot. I've had this wood for about 12 years so its nice and dry and works well. I've been cleaning out and digging through my old wood stash and thought I'd build a few more ukes with this stuff. Don't know how much longer I'll be building but its fun to experiment. I'll be offering some more sopranos out of woods you just don't see being used, but it all seems to sound pretty good, so stay tuned. Once they're gone - that's it.

I really like that - apricot wood! mmmmm yes.

not so keen on machine tuners on a soprano personally but otherwise beautiful

for my future reference, would you be able to ship to the UK?

Sorry folks, I don't make long neck sopranos or concerts, etc, only standard uke sizes. If one builds long neck style, string tensions change which means bracing etc. changes and on it goes, but thanks for the suggestion.

I would love a sound sample from the new owner as well.
The grain is so pretty - reminds me of cherry.

Sorry, but I do not have the equipment to do a sound sample. I would describe the sound similar to Koa, warm with a nice high end with good sustain. I will be offering more soprano ukes out of a variety of woods I have had lying around in my shop for years.

Top Bottom