New APC tenor, bad saddle glueing

Henning

Reaction score
I bought this APC tenor off of Amazon. I made a set-up, adjusting a new bone saddle that I cut myself. Then I find that the strings might be Concert ukulele strings or, not the anounced brand.:confused:
But what about the bad glueing of the saddle shown below?
How serious should I consider it to be? :confused:
The strings are drawn thorugh the top. So there is small a hole drilled in the top for each string.

side.jpgDSCI1119.jpgDSCI1118.jpg

Last edited:
In the US, Amazon has a normal 30 day return window. If it were me unless I loved the instrument I would return it as defective. Here if an item is defective Amazon does not charge return shipping. Otherwise, it can easily be repaired if you have a proper clamp that will reach the bridge through the sound hole. This is a tie bridge so all the string tension is supported by the glue joint between the bridge and the top. An incomplete glue joint will be weaker, but then again it may never cause a problem. No way to know for sure.

That bridge fixing is NOT right. Whether it will fail or not, nobody can be sure. But what we can be fairly sure of is that it probably stands more chance of failing than a bridge affixed properly.

On the plus side, even if it does fail, it’s a fairly straightforward fix. Point is though - why should you have to face the risk? I’d reject it personally.

Sadly this does not surprise me with APC. I hear countless stories about their quality control.

Good luck with it.

Good luck with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
The Amazon return policy is international. So I had the offer to either get a 15% price reduction or return it. But yesterday I realized that the neck is slightly convex. So I guess i go for the return option.

Top Bottom