Wanted: Kamaka “Ohta San” concert bell shaped deluxe and/or Ko’olau concert ukes

McDougall

Reaction score
Title says it all. I’d be a buyer for Koa or soft tops in either brand.

Also, I own a beautiful master grade chocolate heart myrtle and bear claw Sitka spruce topped mya moe super soprano that I may be willing to trade toward the right Ko’olau.

Last edited:
There is a new Ohta San listed at Elderly.com. I'll copy the link below and I'm curious what you think of it -

because I've been interested in an Ohta San too and have been looking around. The reason I haven't jumped on this one from Elderly is that from the pictures it looks sort of plain Jane to me. Every Ohta San uke I've seen in photos or in videos is just gorgeous. This one looks kind of flat and dull - I mean the face of it. And it's on plain white background so for a while I thought well maybe that's just some stock photo that they're using. I emailed and asked if there were other photos and they said those are the photos. It just looks kind of less "deluxe" to me. If I'm going to drop that kind of coin - I want to know for sure that I'm getting one of those real pretty ones

the other ones I've seen out there for sale have all been 100 year anniversary models - I don't really care for that on the headstock I would just want a regular one.

So I'm waiting for the day when they release a whole new batch of these out to the stores. They seem like they're very hard to find right now. Let me know what you think of this one from Elderly - is it just me?

https://www.elderly.com/kamaka-hb-2d-ohta-san-model-concert-ukulele-with-case.htm

Sylvan music has 2 cedar-topped 100-anniversary Ohta San's for sale on its web site. Just sayin'

Thanks guys, really looking to pick up one used or trade though.

Top Bottom