Pin Bridge vs Tie Bridge

Try GOOGLING "Bridge beads ukulele". Lots of stuff. I use them on my through-bridge MB. Works better than the knots I was using and spreads the pressure.

Yes those 'String Ties' and 'Bridge Beads' are like $20 or more + shipping. and require a PhD in Geometry for how to feed the string thru the 8 holes in them without just going straight thru with a knot on the end.

I got a 14" strand of like 50 beads for $1.50 at Michaels, and as such about a dozen different strands in all shapes and sizes.

I have lots of ukes and guitars, so when I bought this assortment of ~600 individual beads like 3 yrs ago, I used lots of them, also lost lots of them on the floor somewhere, but for $18 or so, my money went much farther than those "Bridge beads' or 'String Ties' and these being made of bone does nothing for the sound since they are AFTER the saddle and the ones in abalone do nothing for me because I avoid bling whenever possible.

Yes those 'String Ties' and 'Bridge Beads' are like $20 or more + shipping. and require a PhD in Geometry for how to feed the string thru the 8 holes in them without just going straight thru with a knot on the end.

I got a 14" strand of like 50 beads for $1.50 at Michaels, and as such about a dozen different strands in all shapes and sizes.

I have lots of ukes and guitars, so when I bought this assortment of ~600 individual beads like 3 yrs ago, I used lots of them, also lost lots of them on the floor somewhere, but for $18 or so, my money went much farther than those "Bridge beads' or 'String Ties' and these being made of bone does nothing for the sound since they are AFTER the saddle and the ones in abalone do nothing for me because I avoid bling whenever possible.

This is a remarkable coincidence: my PhD doctorate thesis was titled " The Measurable Effect of Walrus Bone Bridge Beads on the Sustain of Tone in the Ukulele as Studied Geometrically". Surprisingly the sustain was shown to be increased by almost 300% over the simple utilitarian variety of beads that were commonly being used. Further it was discovered that the beads being sold by Michaels were coming from sources that did not observe conditions that were in keeping with PETA standards. The entire faculty of the Geometry department immediately changed to walrus bone beads and never looked back. They were known to be susceptible to "bling" however and that have hastened their move.

Last edited:
This is a remarkable coincidence: my PhD doctorate thesis was titled " The Measurable Effect of Walrus Bone Bridge Beads on the Sustain of Tone in the Ukulele as Studied Geometrically". Surprisingly the sustain was shown to be increased by almost 300% over the simple utilitarian variety of beads that were commonly being used. Further it was discovered that the beads being sold by Michaels were coming from sources that did not observe conditions that were in keeping with PETA standards. The entire faculty of the Geometry department immediately changed to walrus bone beads and never looked back. They were known to be susceptible to "bling" however and that have hastened their move.

:smileybounce:

I got mine at Hobbycraft, a UK hobby and crafts chain store. Beading is quite a popular hobby, at least it is here so just look for suppliers of material for beading.

Top Bottom