Advice Sought: Kiwaya KMS-K or New Martin 2K

david_shan

Reaction score
I am new to the forum but really hesitating between Kiwaya KMS-K and New Martin 2K soprano. Would truly appreciate it if you can enlighten me. BTW, both are brand new but Kiwaya KMS-K is US 200 more expensive.

I have a modern Martin 2K soprano and LOVE it! Martin isn't making 2K sopranos right now, so if your'e serious, don't wait to long. No more new ones on the way...

I have owned both new and vintage 2K's. I preferred the newer 2K. I have not owned a KMS-K but have played a few. I would also encourage you to check out the Takumi. I have played this exact one and it's lovely:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/takumi-concert-tk-3c-66.html

The lower bout is a bit wider than the Kiwaya and the Martin. I think this enhances the tone.

I will be buying the concert version if somebody else doesn't buy it soon.

I have not played a Martin 2K but I own a Kiwaya KMC-K. This is certainly one of the finest crafted instruments I have held. Impeccable, flawless, quality are just a few words that immediately popped into my head when I first held it. Definitely worths its price, especially if you can find a bargain.

Many thanks guys! How about Martin 2K concert vs. Kiwaya kms? Much appreciated!

Many thanks guys! How about Martin 2K concert vs. Kiwaya kms? Much appreciated!

Do you really mean 2K concert vs. KMS (soprano)? If so, that's apples to oranges. Which size is more comfortable for you?

If you meant Martin 2k concert vs. Kiwaya KMC (concert vs. concert), personally I prefer the Kiwaya of two. Again, I would suggest you consider the Takumi, which is particularly exceptional in the concert size (well, the four I've played were, including one I owned for a bit).

Thank you Eddie! Will look into Takumi to see how it compares with KMC.

I have not played either of these, but any Kiwayas that I have played have been lovely instruments with incredible attention to detail. I would have no hesitation buying any product from them.

Top Bottom