Season 317 - Outside

Piddling down here today but the forecast's better for tomorrow, so hopefully...

But then... it's the British Weather and the one thing that's predictable about British Weather is that it's unpredictable.

An original, sans title, so I think I’ll call it Allez Les Bleues!

I’ve just come back
From gay Paree
We were given a good kicking
By the enemy.

Lauret, Trinh-Duc,
And Bastareaud
Just like the Scots did
Two weeks ago.

I’m not complaining
I don’t despair
But sometimes it’s hard to be a fan
Of Angleterre.

But sometimes when things
Don’t go so well,
At least we beat Italia
And the Pays de Galles.

Lauret is Wenceslas Lauret, French flanker, Trinh-Duc is François Trinh-Duc, French fly half, or five eighth I believe you call em Pa. Bastareaud is Mathieu Bastareaud, a centre built like a prop forward. It was a real team effort though. They started off a bit shaky, gave away a few penalties, but just got into their stride, and were knocking our attackers back time and time again. I always remember Mickey Skinner (English flank forward)’s “The Tackle” On French flank forward Marc Cecillon during the 1991 World Cup. Well, it was like that, but time and time again and we were on the receiving end.

Angleterre, well that’s England of course, and Pays de Galles is Wales.

So, not the result we hoped for, but there are worse places to spend your weekend than Paris.

Can you imagine the amount of cotton wool I had to use as a prop to get this song done in the front garden?

Just to let people know - some terrific stuff came in on the last day of Ylle's Sea Season (no I haven't got a stutter!)
I sure hope they get the attention they deserve.

We are in Virginia this week for spring break. I thought I’d be able to do lots of songs with mountains in the background, but then it started to snow. And snow. And snow, and it’s still falling by the bucketload. Luckily, Em brought her Waterman along on the trip. I can’t make it sound like Ralf and Pa do, though.

Back to basics for ya Pa. I have gotten so technical and in depth that I forgot I can still record a video in 10 minutes if I want. In the Intro I say week 320 - oops!

This is Me & Magdalena by The Monkees off their 2016 album 'Good Times'. Of course their will be a multi-tracked 'SUPER' version to come later, but for now here is the trimmed down 'Back To Basics' mix.

Greetings,

Well my idea to record down by the railroad tracks was thwarted by the sleet, however I did get an outside recording complete with gloves and sleet. Vocals and playing may have suffered a bit :) my hands went numb. I chose Closing Time by the Semisonics as it fit the idea of the coming back into the house.

Ciao

The wind has died down a lot since yesterday, and now it's nice and cool outside. I did one I've had memorized since I was about 12 years old.

It is cold and a chill wind rips through the microphone as well as me. So why am I not wearing a jacket? I am an imbecile. Here's a song about an outdoor location where I should be right now.

Greetings from the sea: Season 316 wrap has been posted.
And now back Outside.

Fine day and blue skies, though it's clouding over now. Perfect for outdoor recording. Contrast with yesterday's rain.

Leaving London by Tom Paxton. The basic video has not been post processed but I've "topped and tailed" it and added titles.

Hello again, Brian! Did this this morning as rain is threatened later. Second take ... had to move venue as was interrupted by husband and dog. Second recording done by front door and, as with Geoff, the basic video is unaltered although I have obviously added odd bits and pieces. AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!!!

I went for a walk up to the top of this hill at a local reserve, taking my music gear with me up to the old lookout monument, with all-around views over Ocean and Land, where I recorded "All Along The Watchtower" , originally by Bob Dylan 1967 .

My new Baritone tuned gCEA, but I've been working on this one for a little while and recently strung it up ready for action, so it's very first song and first recording and first time being played Outside.

Comments are under the Description section under the Video on YT

Thanks for hosting and the great Theme Pa, love it, just what I needed to get out and about today ..

hope you enjoy the song

Last edited:
Top Bottom