Season 317 - Outside

The dogs were getting restless and I had to do one more this week, hopefully to cheer pa up a bit ... and then Linda had recorded it!!

Oh well, the more the merrier. Sing along in C, friends!

Here's Somewhere Green, an original, played on the Morristown Green as a personal invitation for YOU to join me on the Green for some jammin!

And FYI, the Morristown Uke Jam does actually meet in the South Street Creamery the 1st Wednesday of every month (year round), and outside on the Green every not-1st-Wednesday during all the warm months. (In this hemisphere that's from May to September.)

And what I sang is true:
-- there's always music (every time I come and play),
-- and there's never, ever rain. (This'll be the 7th year. Never rained out.)

Although I did lie about my job. (I actually like my job, and my boss is great. Oh well, poetic license.)

COME OUT AND PLAY!

SOTU 317: Go Outside - # Never Again (Dennis Danner 2018)

Despite a cold, wet miserable first half of this Season's week, we finally got some great outside weather this Sunday afternoon. Evelyn and Sophie joined me outside on the deck to try and get a decent video captured for my most recent original, "# Never Again."

I wrote this song as a show of support and encouragement for the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland Florida, and across our nation. I hope our lawmakers will recognize the wisdom of these bright young minds; listen to them, and create the regulatory gun controls that are so long overdue.

++++++++ Chordpro Songchart Below: ++++++++++++++++

{t:#NEVER AGAIN! (2nd Person POV) - Dennis Danner (2018)}
{subtitle: Edited: 03.04.2018, dad}
{time: 3:55}

Intro:
| [G5] / / / / | [G5] / / / / | [Em] / / / / | [Em] / / / / |

Verse 1:
You | [G5] heard . . . | [G5] . . . their | [Em]screams! . . . | [Em] . . .
You | [G5] saw . . . | [G5] . . . them | [Em] die! . . . | [Em] . . .
You | [C] know . . . | [C] . . . their | [Bm] truth, . . . | [Bm] . .
You still | [C] hear . . . | [C] . . . their | [G5] cries! . . . | [G5] . . . .

Verse 2:
| [G5] Bro - . . . | [G5] - thers . . were | [Em] lost! . . . | [Em] . . . . |
| [G5] Sis - . . sis - | [G5] - ters . . [Em] too! . . . | [Em] . . . . |
| [C] So - o - o . | [C] many , . . | [Bm] friends . . . | [Bm] . . . Some |
| [C] older, . . some | [C] closer . . some | [G5] new! . . . | [G5] . . . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [C]You stand proud! | [C] You stand strong! | [G5]You survived! | [G5] You were wronged! |
| [C]NOW is your time, | [C] NOW is the when, | [G5]Shout it out: . | [G5] . NEVER A - | [Em]GAIN! . . . |
| [Em] . . NEVER A - | [C] GAIN! . . . | [C] . . NEVER A - | [G5]GAIN! . . . | [G5] . . . . |
{eoc}

Verse 3:
Can | [G5] they . . . | [G5] . . . not | [Em] see? . . . | [Em] . . .
Can | [G5] they . . . | [G5] . . . not | [Em] hear? . . . | [Em] . .
Did they | [C] sell . . . | [C] . . . their | [Bm] souls? . . . | [Bm] . . For |
| [C] votes . . . | [C] . . bought with | [G5] fear? . . . | [G5] . . . .

Verse 4:
They | [G5] love . . . | [G5] . . . those | [Em] guns . . . | [Em] . . . . |
| [G5] more . . . | [G5] than your young | [Em] lives! . . . | [Em] . . . . |
There's | [C] blood . . . | [C] . . on their | [Bm] hands, . . . | [Bm] . . . but |
[C] you - ou - ou . | [C] . you sur - | [G5]vived! . . . | [G5] . . . . |

Chorus:
{soc}
| [C]You stand proud! | [C] You stand strong! | [G5]You survived! | [G5] You were wronged! |
| [C]NOW is your time, | [C] NOW is the when, | [G5]Shout it out: . | [G5] . NEVER A - | [Em]GAIN! . . . |
| [Em] . . NEVER A - | [C]GAIN! . . . | [C] . . NEVER A - | [G5]GAIN! . . . | [G5] . . . . |
{eoc}

Repeat Chorus:
{soc}
| [Em] . . NEVER A - | [C]GAIN! . . . | [C] . . NEVER A - | [G5]GAIN! . . . | [G5] . . . . |
{eoc}

Outro (Fade on Root Chord):

[G5] / / / / [G5] / / / / [G5] / / / / [G5] ~

Last edited:
April Come She Will - Simon & Garfunkel - outdoors with Alicia

I hope it's okay to cross-post one to both Seasons. I got together today with my friend Alicia, a Seasons virgin who has not played a whole lot of ukulele yet ... though hopefully today has inspired her to play more! I was so pleased she was game to make a video with me ... outside on a beautiful but cold winter day ... so I'm taking maximum advantage to introduce her to you. And (I know you'll love this, Pa) - it's a 2-minute video!

For the "spring" theme at 318, we chose "April Come She Will" ... which expresses our sentiments exactly! It was the first spring-related song I came up with, and turned out to be a perfect song choice, because Alicia has a beautiful voice and worked out some lovely Garfunkel-esque harmonies.

Alicia hasn't played her uke much, and it wouldn't hold tune, so she borrowed my Waterman. Which holds tune really well, but needed major re-tuning the moment we went outside - it went way flat. The Flea, interestingly, went a bit sharp outside, but much less than the Waterman ... which is supposed to be for playing outdoors. (We had just tuned them both, right before we went out.)

PS, I laughed when I saw your Seasons theme. Very crafty, when it's summer there and you know it's winter for most of us! Or maybe you're just trying to get us all to move closer to you? I may well be doing that soon ... time will tell.

wow Brian. way to close out a season.
super song mate. super week.
thanks brother.

Thanks Brian for all you do in front and behind the scenes of the seasons. What a wonderful wrap song!

I loved this season, Brian. It was great seeing Seasonistas outside of their normal habitats and comfort zones. Also, H loved seeing himself in your wrap-up video. Thanks!

Really appreciated the extra effort taken to bring all the terrific outdoor videos this week seasonistas!
I said there would be a prize and there is - the choice of either a kangaroo or crocodile, pewter, made in Australia, belt buckle!
I am awarding the prize to AlanDP, not because he brought lots of wonderful outdoor videos, which he did, but because i saw that he is a big buckle kind of person as he wore one in his video Beautiful Texas Sunshine.
I think that is sufficiently random.
Send me a PM with your address and let me know which buckle you would like please Alan.

buckles.jpg

Thanks for a wonderful season and an awesome wrapup!
It was fun bringing the uke outside.

Greetings,

Wow, what a vid, what a season. Thanks so much for this wonderful adventure Pa, sorry I couldn't bring more. Still squeaking like a wounded bird, but definitely feeling almost 100 percent.

Ciao and Best,
Gina

Top Bottom