A place you’ve been many times before
No roof above no walls around
Bring that natural outdoor sound

Maybe find some wilderness
Beyond the work and city stress
By a raging river or gentle stream
Or a secret spot where no one’s been

Season 317 - Outside.

Over the years some fun memorable season's videos have been recorded outside.

I remember Myrna in an Hawaiian getup singing in the snow. I recall Ralf doing a video from a sandy beach. Jon often does outdoor vids from parks and I recall when he used to do them outside his rural residence and we’d hear the birds chirping and even the rooster crowing. I recall Berni doing some quite involved outdoor shoots and we’ve all watched Linda doing her veranda vids from ‘the cabin’. Rick (BKV) and The Ukelites brought a vid from the bottom of The Grand Canyon! Joko loves bringing outdoor vids. He did one just last week.

I’ve seen videos of Rob’s garden and of the construction of a strange shaped shelter frame in his yard. Randy used to do his in front of the real brick exterior wall of his house. Rick (H) often brings songs from his yard and he did one recently from the Outer Banks. I’ve seen Andrew do vids from his rose garden and Elmann too. The other Andy used to often bring outdoor vids and I recall seeing the deer photo bomb a backyard video done by Doug Frink. I’ve seen Benji do vids from outside as well. Again, just last week we saw Gina shovelling snow.

I vaguely recall seeing an unflattering view of TCK’s butt on a jetty somewhere, but some things you do try to erase from your brain. I’ve seen Ryan doing songs from his balcony and Texas Alan doing songs sitting on a tractor tyre.

That’s just off the top of my head, there have been many more, all that little bit more enjoyable because of the trouble taken to record and share them from outdoors.

So this week deliver a song straight to your recording device outside in the great outdoors – even if it’s just outside your back door.

Single track and no post production audio work please – just you and your uke and mother nature.

Bring as many songs as you like – but all from outside. If your song fits the theme even better but you can bring whatever songs you like as long as they are recorded outside.

I sure hope the weather cooperates!

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
It's raining!

LOL! I was trying to record outside today for a FB group and the puppy we are puppy-sitting kept knocking over my camera and trying to chew on my phone! I will give it another go.

It's raining!

We're supposed to have lousy weather here Sunday and Monday, but I'm just going to put a chair on our front landing and record something.

LOVE this theme, Pa!

I have a 30 foot maple limb down in the yard from a snowstorm two days ago. I may have to pass on this one.

So just to be clear, you just want us and our ukes, au naturale?:eek:

It's -6 C. 21 F. As cold as a Koch brother's heart. I'm in.

Outside? But there are people out there...

Ahoy. In my neck of the woods we have been having frequent snowstorms of late plus I have the flu. I ask like LimousinLil whether I can go to the garage (different than the shed I used before) and record something half outside?

Ahoy. In my neck of the woods we have been having frequent snowstorms of late plus I have the flu. I ask like LimousinLil whether I can go to the garage (different than the shed I used before) and record something half outside?

I guess if there is an attempt at getting into the spirit of the week I'm going to have to be satisfied. I know the weather has been pretty unconducive to venturing out with a uke in some parts of the world.

There is no bad weather only inappropriate clothing.
We had 10cm of snow overnight and the temperature is a
balmy -5C. I took my toy plastic Uke (the one I got from Ralf)
outside and because of the temperatures it kept going out of tune.
The tuning pegs are just bits of plastic and for friction they are
held in place with a black tarry resin. By the time I finnished
the song the uke was badly out of tune and the fingers were
getting numb, but this is pure unadulterated one take and no
audio post production. The only editing I did was to add the title.
I had to chose a two chord song with words I could recall from
memory. The things we do for love.

Last edited:
Top Bottom