Season 317 - Outside

The cold spell finally broke, for a few days anyhow. Our uke jam had a great Thursday ... played a set for the participants at a local adult day center (dementia patients, developmentally disabled folks), and then had our regular jam session. I had very tired fingers when I got home.

I was heading home from work and stopped to do this one. For the great Stan Lee.

Last edited:
On the front porch. My wife came home from the Goodwill store the other day and said she'd found a shirt that matches my ukulele.

an impromptu recording joo and i made this afternoon
at our favourite place.

Just for the record Brian, I spent about an hour this morning trying to get another outdoor recording, but the weather defeated me. The wind is whipping in from Siberia again. No amount of changing position and improvising wind shields could get a decent recording, and the final straw was when a blizzard appeared from nowhere. So I abandoned it for the day. If tomorrow is any better, I will try again...

Last edited:
According to Tom T. Hall himself, this song was inspired by a remark he overheard at a funeral. A song that takes place outside, in a cemetery.

My second and last this week. I had hoped to record this song about "Strolling along the Prom" on the Prom itself, but the wind was so strong that it made any recording difficult, if not impossible. So, I recorded it in the quiet of the old cart track to the north, where I recorded my earlier contribution. During later choruses, I do include images of the prom, but the soundtrack was so noisy that it made it difficult to hear the song, so I muted it.

The song was written for FAWM 2018, back in February, but I hadn't made a video for it. This one is very long by my standards, but it is only 3·5 minutes of song. The rest is sights and sounds of the prom described and the beaches of my new hometown Vilanova i la Geltrú. The latter couple of minutes reproduces my walk home from the beach, including some very unusual graffiti in English in the underpass just before you get to our flat.

I just thought some of you might like to see the "outside" of the town where I moved to in Sept 2016 - which still feels new to me after 30 years in my old hometown of Capellades, up in the Catalan hills.

Great week, Brian! Oh and I swear I had no hand in the graffiti! It puzzles me who would have made that statement in English here. A disgruntled Kiwi, perhaps? ;)

The weekend's here and the weather is finally warming up a bit. It's 48 F (9 C) outside right now! And my maple is flowing like crazy!

It started to rain so I rushed outside to try and record this with some rain, but then it stopped. A rare appearance of my purple Waterman.

this is one of my most favourite songs
and i think the first one i learnt from Cliff Edwards.
thanks joojoo for filming!

My Third , and final Entry for the Season ..
I just want to say thanks to Pabrizzer and all Seasonistas, I've enjoyed this Season a lot. I've been out and about three times during the week and tried very hard to elude the wind and people, it wasn't easy, all Three Occasions I ended up meeting people and having a chat and the Wind was just everywhere although not so badly and there's been pretty good weather locally in comparison to some of the locations of other Seasonistas. Anyway, it's been a good Season Outside.
Thanks to all.
Hope you enjoy the song and video.

My Fourth, and final Entry for the Season.
I know I said the last one was my last one, and it was, well it was at the time, but I decided to give this one a Sunday afternoon whirl down at the local mini train station.
Hope you enjoy this one ...

I interrupt this thread to announce that Season 318 is, belately, now on line.

Please don't forget that this season has 24 hrs still left to run. Time for some more outdoor recording.

Greetings,

Picked up the flu the day after I recorded my outside vid. What a horror, I am recovering now and on the mend. Everyone at work was getting it, I guess it was just my time. Hope you all are fine and having a great week. Today the birds are singing and yet there is talk of another storm in NJ next week. Gheesh.

Ciao all
Gina

Greetings,

Picked up the flu the day after I recorded my outside vid. What a horror, I am recovering now and on the mend. Everyone at work was getting it, I guess it was just my time. Hope you all are fine and having a great week. Today the birds are singing and yet there is talk of another storm in NJ next week. Gheesh.

Ciao all
Gina

Poor you! Hope you feel better soon.

Overlap entry :)

First time I post a double themed song in the overlap, but I like the outdoors stuff and posting today gave me an excuse for having the poorer sound quality...

Top Bottom