Cavatina - Solo Ukulele

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
Cavatina arranged for tenor Ukulele. There are one or two versions of this beautiful tune on YouTube but none are as lovely as the John Williams classical guitar version. I have arranged the piece to be as close as possible to the John Williams transcription. I hope you enjoy it!

What a treasure to find this song on uke!
I will always remember hearing it for the first time on a movie soundtrack 27 years ago - brought tears to my eyes. (I think I was in love at the time. :)
Your playing is fabulous. Thank you!

I must also humble up: just purchased a used TK-35G, which in a round about way brought me to your videos.
I'm so impressed with the sound, but I was being snobby about the tuners. They seem to work JUST FINE for you - and you are three times the player!

Last edited:
What a treasure to find this song on uke!
I will always remember hearing it for the first time on a movie soundtrack 27 years ago - brought tears to my eyes. (I think I was in love at the time. :)
Your playing is fabulous. Thank you!

I must also humble up: just purchased a used TK-35G, which in a round about way brought me to your videos.
I'm so impressed with the sound, but I was being snobby about the tuners. They seem to work JUST FINE for you - and you are three times the player!

Thank you ukeinfused! It is a great song and I enjoyed very much working up the arrangement!
I have had the Ohana for about 6 years, but did not play it very much until early last year when I put the low G string on. I am assuming that the tuners are original as I purchased the ukulele second hand. The tuners work great by the way!
Mike

I was a little confused that this post appeared out of nowhere with all those views and comments, but then I noticed the post date...
Guitars have warmth, but you always manage to bring out the fragile beauty of this little instrument to a tremendous degree - another gem!

Wow, what a beautiful piece! Thanks!

Listened to this as I was having breakfast and looking out at the garden. What a nice moment of peace and beauty! Thanks, Mike!

I was a little confused that this post appeared out of nowhere with all those views and comments, but then I noticed the post date...
Guitars have warmth, but you always manage to bring out the fragile beauty of this little instrument to a tremendous degree - another gem!
Thanks again Bill, John and Laurence. I was really pleased with the arrangement and performance of this piece, but I was less enamoured with the actual recording. It seemed hard and edgy!!!!! Getting that mic placement for the Ukulele is so critical. Not so easy to do when recording oneself!

That really is enchanting and a very demanding piece to play. Very well done, wow!!!!

Top Bottom