Putting this together for my daughter...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi guys & girls,
My daughter wants to sing this song at an upcoming event and has asked me to play it for her. I’ve sort of knocked the chord structure together, and I have the gist of how the song goes now, but it obviously still needs work. It’s a lovely song, but I feel a bit of a plonker singing it as it’s all from a young girl’s perspective and I’m a big, fat and ageing granddad! lol

Last edited:
Very lovely indeed, my friend. You played it perfectly. I've always loved this song. May I make just one recommendation? To accentuate the bass, you should plug your guitar into an amp. Otherwise it is perfect.

All the best,
Luke

Very lovely indeed, my friend. You played it perfectly. I've always loved this song. May I make just one recommendation? To accentuate the bass, you should plug your guitar into an amp. Otherwise it is perfect.

All the best,
Luke

I’ll have another go soon and do just that Luke; thanks for the tip. As you know, I record all my stuff just sitting in front of my iPad and using its inbuilt mic. It doesn’t do a bad job overall but DOES knock out some frequencies - especially the bass ones.
I’ve bought myself a ZOOM H5 recorder/interface which, once I’ve familiarised myself on how to use it, SHOULD afford better results.
Again, thanks for your kind words and constructive criticism which are always help and appreciated.

Best regards and respect as always,
Dave

Thanks John. I could almost get used to the wig - makes me feel like the rock star I never became. lol

It did buddy, thanks.
Sadly, she’s a teacher here of 4-6 year olds and the gig was attended by her class who also took a small part in it. Because of our over cautious ‘child protection protocols’ here in the U.K. (and don’t get me wrong; I’m all for protecting our kids), the organisers wouldn’t allow us to film as some of the parents hadn’t signed the necessary disclaimer allowing their children to appear in any resulting photos or videos which may have subsequently appeared on social network sites.
So sadly, I have nothing to show you.
I may see if I can talk my daughter into doing a repeat, albeit privately with me, so I can film and post for you.
Thanks for asking and for your interest my friend.
Regards, Dave

Top Bottom