FS Kanile'a K-3 tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

valde002

Reaction score
I am selling my Kanilea tenor.

It is in "Like New" condition. I have taken it out to play now and again, and played when refilling the humidifier to check on it. I have never taken it out of the house and I've left the tags on since I received it last summer. Am not the first owner, see signature for details. The previous owner said it was from HMS and I really appreciate him selling this to me. (Sorry J., have to sell!).

It is very nice, am have thought about keeping it, but the fretboard is too wide for my little fingers to really do a good job barring notes. It has a low action, feels great to play and sounds great- in line with the Kanilea quality. Very pretty too. If you want a nice sub-new K-3 now is your chance.

Here are some reference sites:

https://www.kanileaukulele.com/product/k-3-series/
https://www.pennylaneemporium.com/p...-3-t-solid-curly-koa-tenor-ukulele-with-case/

Asking a firm 1200 plus shipping, CONUS. Will ship packaged well with your choice of Oasis or Herco humidifier. Also includes the Koolau/Pono tenor case (very nice!)

(will add photos shortly, need to do that on my phone!)

2018-03-12 10.21.22.jpg
2018-03-12 10.23.08.jpg
2018-03-12 10.25.02.jpg
2018-03-12 10.25.39.jpg

Last edited:
This Kanilea is basic KOa not Premium ? What does it say on label inside describing model? Glossy? looks like it might be, thanks

I'll post a pic of the label. Not sure what to look for, but it says K-3 T. Is that basic or premium? Thanks for the info. I changed my reference sites on the OP. But I cannot find anything that says K-3 T that is not described as premium. I thought that K-3 meant it was premium (and I'm not saying that this is a TP by any means!).

It is glossy yes.

The tag from HMS says S# 11572 if that means anything

Last edited:
I believe the standard koa grade for the K-3 Kanile'a ukulele is Deluxe Curly Koa, then upgrades for next step up are Premium Curly and finally Master Grade Curly.

Jim

Very pretty, but just a bit outside my price range :( Also wondering about that misplaced side fret marker. Odd thing to let out of a high end shop like Kanilea.

Last edited:
Very pretty, but just a bit outside my price range :( Also wondering about that misplaced side fret marker. Odd thing to let out of a high end shop like Kanilea.

sorry man. Haha, didn't notice the side fret marker until you mentioned it just now. I put that pic in to show the action near the body. Maybe subconscious... Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom