ebay uke case

muscmp

Reaction score
I have a couple of these same cases, one tweed, the other fake gator hide. They are perfectly fine as budget cases, a tad larger inside than my better arch top Guardian case ($70.00), so the ukes can move a bit more inside the case. Extra foam can stop that, but it doesn't bother me, they don't move enough to warrant that IMO. The only real criticism of these is that, on both of mine, the lids stick. When you open the latches and try to open the lid with one hand, it sticks, and requires 2 hands to open. Not sure if there is a fix for that, if anyone here has one, please post it.

I never bought form that seller but Ebay does protect buyers pretty well.
Sellers not so much.

I have that case for my soprano Kala. Very nice, and no stinky smell upon first opening the case. I get a lot of compliments on it.

However, my only nit-pick is that there is no lock option for the latches. My somewhat stinky Musician's Friend concert size black hard case has three latches which lock for the same price, just not the cool yellow tweed outer case. Not a problem for around the house, but I feel I need to be careful when transporting it.

I have that case for my soprano Kala. Very nice, and no stinky smell upon first opening the case. I get a lot of compliments on it.

However, my only nit-pick is that there is no lock option for the latches. My somewhat stinky Musician's Friend concert size black hard case has three latches which lock for the same price, just not the cool yellow tweed outer case. Not a problem for around the house, but I feel I need to be careful when transporting it.

thanks, laura! looks like i'll order multiple cases from them. ironically, they don't carry a baritone case. i found a TKL on ebay for $20 but they want an additional $30 to ship it.

well, i struck out with the seller on ebay. they don't carry baritone cases but i asked what kind of deal could be made if i ordered 2 tenor and 2 concert cases. he replied that they would only knock off $3 from the TOTAL. that's 75 cents off each case. he said they aren't making any money and can't afford to give a better deal. if they aren't making any money, how are they staying in business? so i'm back to looking for other cases. it appears that they weren't super sturdy so i probably should pay more for better durability.

I bought one of the black hard cases that look like they are alligator skin with the red stitching on the cover and with the two non-locking hoop type latches on Ebay. I see the concert size goes for around $25 and the tenor for around$26. I found mine to be an excellent case for my purposes - just moving the uke around from here to there (no air travel or checked baggage situations). I feel very confident of their ability to protect my uke from any bumps or knocks or short falls that I'd experience around the house or when moving from point A to point B outside the house. The uke fits snugly inside and it's well padded. The cover does fit tight which in my book is a plus. It almost seals like tupperware so during those really dry/low humidity winter heating months, the inside of the case/uke stays well humidified with the humidifier inside. There's probably little to no air leakage. Sure, it takes two hands to open the case but it's not difficult or an annoyance in any way. (At least to me.) I'd recommend them if you're looking for a cheap and protective case.

[Click for larger image. Click again for even larger.]
case.jpg case2.jpg

Last edited:
I've purchased these. Hands down most affordable.
But I find the stickiness of the black faux-alligator a bit irritating, esp in the larger sizes. Different material than pricier faux-alligator cases (Kala, Guardian, UkeKrazy, etc)
They work though, for half the price.
Also, the sop size (not confident it's the EXACT same Ebay seller) was a bit too big for any of my sopranos. It was actually perfect for the smaller bodied Imua concert, fits like a glove.

Last edited:
I didn't experience any kind of stickiness with my faux-alligator case but the one thing I should have noted earlier is that the cases (at least the concert size) are smallish. I have a Musician's Friend hard case and the faux-alligator case is 1" shorter in length. I tried to put my Kala uke in there and I literally had to shoe-horn it in length-wise to the point that it was totally compressing the padding to the hard edges just to fit. Fortunately my Ohana fits in it like a glove so I switched my Kala into the Musician's Friend case.

Last edited:
great! i'll see if i can track that one down on ebay. thanks,

If you'd like, I can provide measurements for the concert sized case. Like I said, both my ukes are concert sized and the case works for my Ohana but it didn't work for my Kala. If you search "concert ukulele hard case" or "tenor ukulele hard case" you should be able to find them easily. Multiple sellers have them.

Last edited:
If you'd like, I can provide measurements for the concert sized case. Like I said, both my ukes are concert sized and the case works for my Ohana but it didn't work for my Kala. If you search "concert ukulele hard case" or "tenor ukulele hard case" you should be able to find them easily. Multiple sellers have them.

yes, i'd appreciate it. thanks,

if this is the one you got on ebay, it is the same people in north brunswick, nj that wouldn't deal with me for four of the tweed colored cases. two tenor and two concert.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-24-Del...547695&hash=item58e637b5b1:g:n4IAAOSwPhdU9Udj

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not sure from whom I bought my case but in addition to the link you posted above I also found this seller's listings:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-24-Concert-Ukulele-Uke-4-Strings-Hawaiian-Guitar-Hard-Shell-Case-Black/112494668303?epid=6006926880&hash=item1a31346a0f:g:7XgAAOSwReBZdq~p
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-26-Tenor-Ukulele-Uke-4-Strings-Hawaiian-Guitar-Hard-Shell-Case-Black/112494665073?epid=20013228022&hash=item1a31345d71:g:rjIAAOSw8l5Zdq5Q

**concert sized case**
These measurements are the interior measurements to the inside edges of the case itself not counting the padding:
Length - 24.75"
Head space - 5.25" (at widest point)
Upper bout - 7.5" (at widest point)
Lower bout - 9" (at widest point)

These measurements are the interior measurements to the inside edges of the padding:
Length - 23.75"
Head space - 4.25" (at widest point)
Upper bout - 6.25" (at widest point)
Lower bout - 8" (at widest point)

thanks for the links and the measurements. i'll contact them to see what they can do for four cases.

Good luck! These prices are already pretty low so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have a lot of room to work with on the price.

Good luck! These prices are already pretty low so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have a lot of room to work with on the price.
I know, I have to fight to keep myself from buying one for my soprano, even though I don't need one.

Top Bottom