Longtime Lurker Arriving

Super_Dave

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm Dave and I've been lurking here for about a year. That ukulele bug I thought was transitory seems like it's gonna stick with me. So I figured I'd say "what up."

I like to sing and wanted to pick up the guitar so I could accompany myself, but I have three small children (1,3,5yo) and a small house (900ft2) so space is at a premium. Not only for instrument storage, but also space to actually sit.

And my kids are ALL OVER anything new..."daddy, I want to play THAT." So I never got to play the guitar we had.

My kids are music FIENDS (check my wife's instagram @mommommadden if you want to see what I mean) and they were given some beater ukes (the SunnyLife ones that can't hold a tune even if you bribe them).

So I figured if I got a little uke, we could play together.

So my wife and I got a Kala SMHC to start with. And I loved it.
I played it for like 4 or 5 months before I wanted something better/more resonant.

Then someone listed a Pono MTSH(C)-PC Cutaway on the Marketplace. It tooks me a little to convince the wife, but I bought it around Christmas. And it's been amazing! I absolutely love it. It's the first instrument I've ever really played, so it's really opening up a lot of things for me!

Then, this week I discovered the conversation about tuning to Bb, and what I thought was amazing has become transformative. That's when I realized the value of actually participating in this forum (vs. just lurking with my generic placeholder account).

And here I am!
Thanks for being here and providing so much to those of us who know so little!

Tiny instruments, tiny people and tiny house= all good fun!
Welcome Super Dave!

Haha thanks guys. The pono and the Kala are both on hooks so high my wife has a hard time getting them down! They're safe for a while at least!

welcome aboard!
Used to love watching Super Dave Osborne as a kid :)

Top Bottom