Pono ASSD super soprano

I'm a huge fan of Pono (having owned about nine), and I bet the ASSD is as great as any other. But just to broaden your diversity - you mentioned "contrast" -, have you considered KoAloha Opio? Similar price range, and all solid Acacia as well.

That is actually a great idea. I have always liked the look of KoAloha. I’m still trying to decide on a concert vs a super soprano. First world problems I know haha. Thank you for your input.

That's a beauty! I got a Pono ACD just a couple of days ago. I'm bringing it to play with our local group tonight. It's made perfectly, set up just right, and it sounds really good. I can't wait to play it with the group. I sound so much better in a group. : ) I ordered the case that's shown with the Pono MT - very nice case. I like the darker hardware.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-acd-acaciagloss-concert.html

Congratulations, great choice for sure - and definitely a great value! Let us know how you like it once it arrives.

I have this exact uke that I also purchased from HMS and I absolutely love it - it’s always by my side. You made a good choice - it’s going to give you a great contrast to your tenor. I love to go back and forth between this one and my tenors. The tone and feel is totally different so you’ll find that you love them both but in different ways - and the contrast makes you appreciate both. My ASSD has a great woody tone just like what comes through in the demo video. I love mine so much for a time I was half tempted to go pick up the mahogany version of the same model - but then other ukes came a calling like they always do.

Also this is a fantastic uke for traveling with. I had a hard case for soprano already before I bought the ASSD and when it arrived I found that it slipped in the soprano case just perfectly.

Be excited - you’re gonna love it!

Great to hear. I can’t wait to get it. I asked HMS about a hard shell case for it but haven’t heard back from them yet.

I ordered on the 17th and got a UPS email saying its on the way. I was surprised to see that but upon checking my order i realized i selected expedited set up by accident. For my uses I am sure it is fine but I am disappointed I did that. They did such a great job on my Pono MT. At least I will have it tomorrow!!

Top Bottom