Kiwaya KS-1 vs Martin Style 0

KS1 is a great uke. Once upon a time, in the height of my UAS, I had one, as well as a KTS4, also a great uke. But then--the OXK came along, it wowed me (-see NAME THAT MARTIN test in the sig line) and I sold the KTS1. Then, I got a new Martin Style 2, and you know what, that knocked the sox off the KTS4. So the KTS4 got sold as well.

Now I'm down to three Martins, a Kamaka and a vintage Favilla, all sopranos. I'm glad I have them all, but especially glad I have the Martins. I wish I had not sold the S1. And I wish I had not sold the Ohana SK38,but I'll have a chance to remedy that: I see an SK39 in my future.

I got a Famous FS-5 the other day and I'm infatuated. It's giving my KTC-2 some competition. It's a lot brighter of course, but that's neither good nor bad. They're each great in their own way. Wish I'd come across some UPTs for the soprano, but the regular ones are fine, really.

As far as the Martin comparison, I've only played the CK1. I like it a lot, but prefer the Kiwaya concert.

Definitely the Vintage Martin is the winner!!!

Top Bottom