Newbie from Bloomington, IN

IndyFan

Reaction score
Hello! Among other things, I am a southpaw guitar play of 25+ years and a soon-to-be uke'r (looking to purchase my first 'ukulele soon) living in the heart of basketball country. Neuropathy is sabotaging my guitar playing, but I hope to experience a little less pain and a lot more inspiration with these diminutive instruments. I would love to make new friends, especially those facing similar medical concerns, as well as fellow Hoosiers!

Hello and welcome.
Sorry to hear of your neuropathy.
I hope you'll enjoy ukulele as much as the rest of us.

Be sure and check out the Ukulele World Congress in Needmore, IN. Search this forum for details. Welcome from Greenwood, IN.

Hello! Among other things, I am a southpaw guitar play of 25+ years and a soon-to-be uke'r (looking to purchase my first 'ukulele soon) living in the heart of basketball country. Neuropathy is sabotaging my guitar playing, but I hope to experience a little less pain and a lot more inspiration with these diminutive instruments. I would love to make new friends, especially those facing similar medical concerns, as well as fellow Hoosiers!

Have you traveled down the road to Nashville IN to look over Mainland Ukuleles? I don't know if they have lefty instruments but it is a short drive for you.

Doug, look up the Bloomington uke club on Google and please join us from 1 to 3 pm at the main library on Kirkwood this Sunday March 18th. We'd love to see you there.

I second the motion for a trip to Mainland in Nashville--note that being primarily a Web retailer, they're often not open weekends (or weren't when I inquired), and you may want to call ahead of a visit. Also check out Weed Patch Music in Nashville. In Bloomington, both Vance Music (north side of the square) and Melody Music (College Mall) have a decent selection, though not sure if they stock lefties.

There's also the Bloomington Ukulele Group (you can find them on Facebook) that typically meets the first and third Sundays from 1 - 3 at the Monroe County Public Library.

Please join us at the Bloomington uke club this Sunday March 18th from 1 to 3 pm at the main library on Kirkwood. We always have an extra uke or two if you haven't acquired one yet.

Top Bottom