FS: New Soprano Honey Locust Ukuleles by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is another new soprano size uke made of 12 year old solid Honey Locust wood for the body. Very warm gold honey color and richness to the wood. The neck is old colorful Mango wood with a truss rod. Hardwood fingerboard made of Bolivian rosewood, also with a rosewood bridge. White plastic dots for the fret markers with white side dots included. Bone nut and compensated bridge saddle. Two black stained wood rings for the sound hole rosette. Grover brand chrome geared tuners with chrome knobs. Brown Worth brand strings. The playing scale is 13 3/4". Nut width is 1 3/8". There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth feel. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow woody quality to the sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed, 2 day trial period or your money back minus shipping costs. No case but I will double box for safe
shipping. Made in the USA by Black Bear Ukuleles, labeled signed and dated. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information.Thanks for looking.

$475

Attachments

• 2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-a.jpg
    2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-b.jpg
    2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-b.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-c.jpg
    2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-c.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-d.jpg
    2018-3-15 Honey Locust uke-d.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I was going to suggest making some concerts if any of these odd cuts were big enough, but the sopranos seem to be a hit lately. Rock on.

another elegant beauty, Duane.
cheeky question: have you run out of friction tuners mate? :p

The source I used for buying the Grover friction pegs no longer carries them and other sources charge a lot more money for that tuner. So I can buy these Grover geared tuners cheaper than the friction type, go figure. I am trying to keep the costs down so I am using geared Grovers.

another elegant beauty, Duane.
cheeky question: have you run out of friction tuners mate? :p

I was going to suggest making some concerts if any of these odd cuts were big enough, but the sopranos seem to be a hit lately. Rock on.

And he makes such beautiful sopranos, doesn't he? I adore the headstock! I'd grab one for certain if sopranos weren't seriously bothering my elbow these days. For now, I'll just enjoy looking at them. :)

Top Bottom