Legacy Straps review (NFI)

bratsche

Reaction score
Last Thursday, a week ago, I was looking for some straps. I hate big, wide ones that look like guitar straps, and found that the thinner ones I prefer had comparatively slim pickings. I first saw Legacy Straps marketing their narrow straps for ukulele and mandolin on eBay. The prices were reasonable, I loved their wide variety of colors and patterns; however, I was disappointed to see that they only showed them with a strap button tab on one end and a lace for tying to the headstock.

I decided to look and see if there was a website, and found that legacystraps.com is in Pennsylvania and carries straps of all sizes. The uke & mandolin strap pictures were identical to the ones on eBay, so I contacted the site and asked if they would consider carrying these straps with strap pin tabs at both ends, for those of us who prefer to attach it to the heel. Within a couple of short hours I received a reply from Garry - the owner, I presume - saying he'd be happy to make them with a second tab for an additional $1. He had been meaning to add that option to the website, and thanked me for reminding him (he has since added it).

I wrote him back saying I'd like two particular straps with double-ended tabs, and asked if I could just place the order through e-mail as I had no idea how to add two dollars on the automated shopping cart at the site. First thing Friday morning there was an invoice for the two straps in my mailbox, and I paid it right away via Paypal. Later that day I got an email thanking me for my order and telling me the straps were on their way. They arrived Monday. I really like them. I got one 3/4" wide strap in the "Greek Key" pattern, and a 1" wide strap in the "Green Blanket" pattern. The latter one in particular looks much more vivid in person than on the site. I'm attaching pictures below.

These straps are made to order in the USA (though I imagine they probably use imported materials, at least in part), are reasonably priced, and FAST to ship. They are well-constructed, and the tabs are made of synthetic leather-like material tested and found to be as durable as real leather or more, and the sliders are plastic. There are no metal parts to scratch your instrument. I'm quite happy with my straps, am not being paid for this review, but just wanted to pass the word along about this quality company!

bratsche
LegacyStrap1.jpgLegacyStrap2.jpg

These look great - thanks for the review, Bratsche!

Top Bottom