Pono Pro Classic Baritone Ukulele W/ sunburst, MBSH(S) SB PC, some appearance damage.

TheNoseeums

Reaction score
WIN_20180315_16_41_54_Pro.jpgWIN_20180315_16_41_43_Pro.jpgWIN_20180301_13_50_50_Pro.jpgWIN_20180315_16_39_22_Pro.jpgWIN_20180315_16_42_09_Pro.jpg

*In the video I specifically said the Ukulele had "structural damage". When it doesnt, I confused the term. The damage to the uke is purely appearance damage, surface damage, its done nothing to the integrity of the instrument.
*Please take a look at the video on this listing as to get as much information as you can about the instrument.

If theres anything I didnt mention in the video feel free to contact me for any questions.

Purchase includes; Ukulele + Hardshell case + installed pick up.+ Guadalupe custom strings just installed (20$ value hands down best strings out there)

Ive had this bad boy since around 2016. I played professionally and it was my main instrument. Out of every uke i've ever owned or played, this has been my absolute favorite. I even gigged with it as it is now, up until I received my electric tenor guitar im using now.

This uke is part of the pro classic series of Pono, which means it used the best quality wood around. Uses spruce top, Mahogany back. None of that fake crap. Big punchy sound, Loudest uke ever

As i've stated there is some damage to the Uke, and if you like things pretty, dont buy it. But when it comes to the sound of this lovely instrument, its exactly how it sounded when I bought it (I could actually argue that it sounds better since its been broken in). Its loud, robust, and sweet sounding. The appearance damage alone just doesnt convince me that I should be selling this for cheap. Most people didnt even notice the damage till I brought it up and showed them.

Anywho, this uke also has a pick up in it, so you can plug into anything you desire. The LR baggs 5.0 pick up is the best out there for pluggin in your ukulele. It was worth 200 when I had it installed, this Ukulele without the pickup or the case was $950.00. I actually dont see it for sale anymore, but the value came out to a little under $1200.00. I would love to give whoevers interested all the specs to this uke, but the page isnt available because its either out of stock or not being made anymore. I hope I included all I could into the video. The reason im selling this is because i recently switched to a tenor guitar, and im not playing it anymore. Also accepting offers. Make me one I cant refuse!

This listing is now up on reverb and I am taking offers, lowball me!

How did the damage to the soundboard and headstock happen?

Good question, I’m curious too. It’ll be interesting to see how much this gets sold for. If I were the buyer, I’d want to pay to have it fixed which is a major cost, so the purchase price would have to be pretty low.

How did the damage to the soundboard and headstock happen?

I honestly dont know about the headstock. Maybe just bumped into something one day.

But the soundhole was the product of a friends boot.

Good question, I’m curious too. It’ll be interesting to see how much this gets sold for. If I were the buyer, I’d want to pay to have it fixed which is a major cost, so the purchase price would have to be pretty low.

I dont understand what would be so major about it... its not like a luthier would have to be replace anything sizable, or spend relentless hours on it. That only happens when damage to an instrument compromises the sound, then I could understand it being a major cost.

I dont understand what would be so major about it... its not like a luthier would have to be replace anything sizable, or spend relentless hours on it. That only happens when damage to an instrument compromises the sound, then I could understand it being a major cost.

Just as a piece of friendly advice, I don't think you should invalidate potential buyers' concerns. I'd consider that a significant repair. It's not as if it just needs a setup or new strings, or a tuner isn't working right and needs to be replaced.

Someone kicked pieces off the soundboard, it's not as if it's wear and tear or a reasonable small ding here or there due to playing and use (or some reasonable scratches due to pick use, or something like that).

Unfortunately, you'll have to be ok with the fact that with that kind of damage, it's a caveat emptor situation. Buyers will probably naturally be wondering what else has been done to the instrument that we can't see, because of the type of damage it already has.

Best wishes to you in selling!

Is this Uke living in a smoke free home?

Last edited:
I don't think that damage is what most people would consider "cosmetic." I know I'm picky, but to me, cosmetic is when there is a scratch, ding or dent that hasn't broken the wood. You have multiple heavily damaged areas of the sound board. And to counter my own point, look at the guitar Woody Nelson used for years.

So, hey, there's a deal there for somebody. Good luck with the sale!

Top Bottom