Curly Maple and Cedar Baritone - Picture Set

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
A long scale baritone at 21.5" and 14 frets to the body.

I was working on an earth and fire theme for this instrument. The flame figure maple with a cedar soundboard that looks like flames licking it.

The binding is Australian Blackwood and fret board is Gidgee. Neck is New Guinea Rosewood. Fret markers are also Blackwood in a new design that is inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. Rubner tuners make for very easy and precise tuning.

Spalted Maple and Cedar Baritone1.jpgSpalted Maple and Cedar Baritone11.jpgSpalted Maple and Cedar Baritone9.jpgSpalted Maple and Cedar Baritone5.jpgSpalted Maple and Cedar Baritone10.jpg

Are the fretboard inlays supposed to look like fire-hose nozzles? They do.

Last edited:
That's truly beautiful Allen. How on earth do you do the bevel? It looks like a single continuous piece of binding.

I love it Allen, very organic looking, all elements blend well together. That maple on the back is a spectacular piece of wood.

That's truly beautiful Allen. How on earth do you do the bevel? It looks like a single continuous piece of binding.

There is quite a process to do an arm bevel. Really too much to explain here.

Kent Everett does a great video tutorial of it. I watched it on Robbie OBrien's website and if you think you'd like to do one I highly recommend paying for the video. It will save you more time and frustration trying to work it out than you can imagine.

I just browsed your site. I like your style I really like how you do the rosettes.

Top Bottom