In need of replacement string tuners

oldpoidog

Reaction score
Aloha friends....I have an older ubass that has the Hipshot tuners. The tuner for the D string is getting wonky..Can anyone point me to where can I get a replacement tuner? If I need to I will purchase a set. Thanks everyone..

It is a Kala instrument? If so, have you contacted the company to see if you can buy or get a replacement? We had a couple of tuners fail on some Waterman that were donated by the company, and when I reached out, they sent a few replacements (very kind of them). Granted, a Waterman tuner and a U-Bass tuner are likely at two very different price points.

Thanks Choirguy. The guy who used to carry Kala ubass stopped carrying. I was able to email Hipshot directly and seems like they are willing to help me out..

https://www.largesound.com/ used to carry similar to the Hipshot, but unbranded tuners for $40/set.

Back When I was hacking a baritone into a cheapo uke bass, I purchased 2 sets from them, but as of now when I just checked the site, they do not have them even listed.

I'd offer my unused set for sale, but due to the rarity and complexity of getting these today and at this price, I am going to keep my unused set as backups for my two Rondo Hadean uke basses.

Possibly you could check ebay. IIRC the Korean maker 'Der Jung' used to offer these tuners as well at a similar price.

Maybe fellow UU brother kohanmike knows a source, since he has a collection of custom uke basses.

Top Bottom