James Hill UK Tour April 2018

Hamish_Currie

Reaction score
Excellent! A small but perfectly formed tour from the totally wondrous James and Anne.
17 April : Croydon
18 & 19 April: Huntingdon
20 April: Berkhamsted, Herts
21 April: Gloucestershire

...and I will declare an interest. I am promoting the Berkhamsted one on the 20th. Tickets from http://www.bcfrm.com

All the tour dates are on his site: https://jameshillmusic.com/calendar

Thanks for posting this, Hamish, wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I'm moving to Gloucester in a few weeks, can't believe my good luck that one of the four dates is in Gloucestershire!

James and Anne performed close to my area twice in 2017. We went to the first performance and were unable to get to the second one as we had already made plans. He and Anne were amazing. James is not only a master on the uke but is also a very accomplished fiddler and singer/songwriter. He also clogs while singing and playing. He's also a very witty guy as well. Anne is a wonderful cellist and singer/songwriter. She's also gorgeous. We saw the in a very small congregational church so everyone had a good seat.
After the show they came out to shake hands, sign cds, pose for pics and eat home made ice cream. Anne did not stay too long. They were travelling with their son who was about 18 months old and he needed attention. Both are very nice people. James posed for a picture with me and I showed him two pictures I had. One was with Jake and the other was Ohta San. The Holy Trinity of ukulele!

Ooh they're also at the Ukulele Festival of Scotland too!

Cracking line up this year...which yes, I am biased as I'm on it, but honestly besides me (ha) it's looking fab if you're northernly inclined

Hiya, Zoe: really enjoyed your set at Ukes for Unicef in Berkhamsted. And your CD is produced by the wonderful Tobias? Nice! All the best!!!!

Thank you Hamish! Glad you liked it
And yes, my new album out in April is produced and recorded by Tobias. He is, indeed, wonderful

With just over two weeks to go to the Berkhamsted date, we're down to a few dozen tickets. So if you're planning to come, don't hang about. And the date the evening before in Huntingdon is already sold out. Just sayin', like.

Hamish,
that was a great night. Two 45 min sets, brilliant! There are not enough superlatives for James' playing. Anne is a pretty nifty cellist also.
Highlight of the evening, James tuning up, launching into a song and stuttering to a halt, then saying "I'm in the wrong key", before taking his capo off! Proof that the man who plays Billie Jean is human after all!
The sound was brilliant, so natural, it was like I was sitting next to them, and not on the mezzanine floor.
Now who's the next uke performer you have coming Hamish? Could they also do a workshop beforehand?
h

Top Bottom