Uncle Elvis aka Mike Hind

salukulady

Reaction score
If you know him you are aware of what a fabulous person he is. If you don’t, here’s a little back story.
He came on the uke scene about 7-8 years ago. Knew 3 chords and wanted to know more. Hung out here on UU and befriended a bunch of us poho’s on the Anoku thread. He learned a lot. He learned so much he completely changed his life. He became a full time entertainer on the island of Bermuda where he lives. It was always his dream and he was ecstatic with his wonderful career of sharing music with people.
He also became a very dear friend to many of us.

Right now he needs our help. It started out a relatively simple surgery but it’s left him with a collapsed lung. He’s spent most of the last month in the hospital trying to heal. Yesterday he had to be medivac to John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland for more extensive care due to complications. Now Bermuda is a tiny island in the Atlantic. You can imagine the costs incurred with that type of transfer let alone the medical bills that he is amassing while not being able to work.

https://www.gofundme.com/lets-all-help-mike-hind

Give what you can. Prayers and positive thoughts are very much appreciated. You can leave messages here for him.

Aloha and much love.

Last edited:
Worth a little bump to the top of the list. Mike is a good guy and a remarkable member of the ukulele community. He's been getting cards from the bottom of the deck for the last few weeks, so please help him out if you're able.

Aloha everyone on the Forums!
If you are able to help in any way, even by sharing the link on social media, Mike could really really use our help!

Bumpity bump bump.

Mike is a true friend of the ukulele world. Show a little love if you can.

Let's bump this! Mike is the best of people!

Thanks for posting this salukulady! Mike has been MC of TBUG for three years. We think he is fab! I consider Christine one of my friends too. She has been a real trooper through all of this.
Mike came and did a workshop for us years ago, and he was the 1st person that could persuade me to get on stage and perform a song. I never forgot that.

Bump! :D I get paid Friday, so let's keep this up so we all remember when our cash comes in!

Top Bottom