Season 318: Sing in the Spring.

Tootler

Reaction score
Oh dear, I got my weeks mixed up! I'd got it in my head I was on next week. Anyway, here we go...

The spring equinox is this week, so the theme is a about spring.

Sing a song that is in some way related to spring and, in particular about celebrations related to the equinox.

Our weather is anything but spring like at the moment as we have snow lying on the ground just now but celebrating spring might just serve to cheer me up

Updating: I think what I've said above pretty much covers it. Of course both covers and originals welcome, as usual

Usual rules apply
a) Ukulele should be the main instrument but include other instruments if you wish.
b) Start and finish midnight Hawaii time on Sunday as usual so 8 days.
c) Multi tracking, plugging in etc. are all OK
d)Three song limit for now but I might ease it later in the week it depends how things are going.

Playlist (will add the link when I've created it)

Last edited:
Just been looking at the weather forecast. Looks like things are going to improve from tomorrow. Let's hope so.

Just been looking at the weather forecast. Looks like things are going to improve from tomorrow. Let's hope so.

sounds good mate. i think i meant to say -
hope you can feel the sun, if not see it. :p

We have a Spring ritual in this house. My wife looks at the rather scrappy lawn and says it needs cutting. I say I'll leave it a while because it is too wet. Over the next week I watch it grow by half an inch, and then we repeat the conversation.
As it happens, today you can't even see it. Even Alfie had seen enough after a couple of seconds.
So, a song by The Asylum Street Spankers.

Last edited:
sounds good mate. i think i meant to say -
hope you can feel the sun, if not see it. :p

Yes, when the sun's out it does have more strength but we've been getting this bitter east wind and though it's looking better over the next few days, it's not going to be startling. Thanks for the thought anyway.

OP Update

I've updated the OP to tidy up what I originally wrote and to add the basic rules. I'll add the playlist link when I've listened to some of the early entries.

Here's one I never heard before this morning that Jim Lauderdale did with experimental jam band "Donna the Buffalo". Worked this up very quick, so it's kinda rough, but then again that fits the spirit of an experimental jam band right? lol This is a good tune, it's on the psychedelic side for sure, but it fits this weeks theme well.

Overlap entry :)

The first song I thought about for this theme, which I felt like recording was this old Lovin' Spoonful tune. It is not really about spring, but it opens up with a line that mentions spring, so I guess it will do...

I recorded it outside so I could also post it under the previous season, after all it is the overlap day :)
Sorry for the wind in the mike.

Well this song certainly isn't about celebrating the equinox, but it was the first to pop in my mind, and I never tried it before, or really even knew it, so it was fun to try and work up quick.

Before Trent got to it ... A Jim Lauderdale song from the first record I heard from him. I immediately became a fan.

Day one done and nine videos. That's a pretty good start.

I shall add comments to You Tube and add a periodic progress report. It will probably be Tuesday before I comment again as I have a pretty busy day tomorrow.

A recommendation, give Pa's song a listen. Not a happy song but a powerful one.

What this Season needs is another Jim Lauderdale song(lol), so here's one he did with Ralph Stanley. I love this song, been wanting to try it for awhile, and it fits this week perfect, so here it is.

lovely theme, geoff! i hope we can sing it in - here in the UK right now, the spring definitely needs some encouragement!

Top Bottom