Season 318: Sing in the Spring.

A little instrumental about the first sunbeams in spring, bringing warmth and light: "Päikesekild" (1963) by Arne Oit.

I had a little trouble finding an Equinox song, but eventually came across this one, and extracted some appropriate verses...

This sweet ukulele solo is from May Singhi Breen's New Ukulele Method, or as I call it, the ukulele Bible.

This week my Spring song is a tribute to a dear friend who lost her fight with cancer just as the winter was turning to spring this year. A wonderful woman, she had been the boss of a print works (at a time when women just didn't do such things in Spain); a patron of the arts (especially chamber music); the drive behind our cine forum (of which I am a member of the committee) and a great friend to me. We shall all miss her so much.

Not often it takes me the whole week to think of a song to do but here we are.

I expect at least two fire emoji from Andy for this.

This is another production disaster caused by poxy software not being
able to cope. So the vid and the soundtrack were out of sequence.
The software was dropping frames at a rate of knots .
..so pooh......I have salvaged what I can....

This is a song from a '70s British band called Gryphon that started as a folk-rock band and ended up as prog. They're the only rock band I've ever heard with a bassoon player. And for Geoff, their keyboardist also played recorders and krumhorns. I tuned down the uke from C to Bb, hoping it would help me hit the high notes. Umm, yeah......

Spring is here wohohoh, Sky is blue wohohoh...

Fashionably late - as is Spring this year. ;)

The words I wrote earlier in the week, but I was wanting to add more, but nothing came, so I tried out some chords, but didn't like the sound that I was getting, so this is just with barre chords, which I think sounds OK. :)

Caught up to here at last. My computer seems to have started overheating. You Tube drives it hard yet I don't have that problem on my tablets. I've had this one quite a while and it seems otherwise OK I suspect there might be a build up of dust round the fan but as it's a laptop, I'm loathe to try opening it up.

Anyway we have another excellent selection of spring songs. Two instrumentals among them: from kolibri and CeeJay both excellent and well worth a listen.

Season 318. Submission 2. "The Rose" (A Collaboration - Mezcalero and Turtledrum)

(Copyright Amanda Broom, 1979. Famously sung by Bette Midler in the film entitled "The Rose." )

Thank you for this great theme, Geoff. The word "spring" appears rather late in this song, but there it is right near the end. :)

Special thanks to Kevin for inviting me to join him on this one.

Lead vocal, Kiku ukulele, tenor ukulele - Kevin (Mezcalero)

Background vocal - Linda

Thanks for a great season Toots. I understand your computer issues. You might try blowing out the fan with some canned air to clear out the dust that gets stuck in there. I recently got a new Windows 10 computer which does not allow me to run Movie Maker Live which is my quick and easy video maker, so I have spent a lot of time this week getting another version and loading the codecs and effects so I could make this fine video.

This song has always reminded me of spring so it was the first song I thought of. It's another Monkees cover from the movie HEAD. This is 'As We Go Along'.

The song I was going to redo “Somebunny’s Late” won’t get done �� kids aren’t into it. Hope you enjoy this old video just for fun.

Top Bottom