Season 318: Sing in the Spring.

Geoff - maybe you don't like Donovan, or perhaps you were distracted by your "squeezy thing", but my vid and Lil's didn't make it on to your playlist.

Geoff - maybe you don't like Donovan, or perhaps you were distracted by your "squeezy thing", but my vid and Lil's didn't make it on to your playlist.

Yours I've listened to and commented on and I've now added. I've not listened to Lil's yet.

Ahoy good people.
I have risen from my flu and recorded this spring song. The song is called "Í bláum skugga" or "In the blue shade" and is with the band Stuðmenn.
The song is in Icelandic and I have subtitled it.
Enjoy

Before I dash out the door!

A sentimental song about the Spring.

Springtime has come around again
A time of new growth and rebirth
All the people acting happy again
Flowers blossom across the earth
All this beauty is surrounding me
But that's not why I cry
It's just that all the flowers and the blooming trees
Give me itchy, watering eyes

So take your Spring and shove it
All you folks who love it
I can't feel happy when I can barely breathe
This is a life with allergies

You might see me walking 'round
With a sleepy grin
You should know it's only the side effects
Of the pseudoephedrine
And if I ask you where's the nearest
CVS or Walgreens
It's because I need to make another score
Of generic loratadine

I was part way through listening to your entries last night when I got an "unable to connect" error so I didn't catch up with yesterday's entries. I'll try and catch up later today. I need to go into town this morning to sort out a new mobile phone contract. My previous one's expired and my present provider annoyed me by doing something without telling me.

Caught up. I think I have all the videos on the playlist. With me suddenly not being able to connect to UU yesterday evening, I may have missed something.

If your video isn't on the playlist, PM me and let me know.

Some super videos. It's difficult to pick one out but I thought Linda Louden's performance was lovely and Randy's video was really effective in setting off his original song.

Ahoy everyone.
I keep posting Icelandic songs - this is "Frá liðnu vori" or "From a past spring"/"From springtime"... The song is a famous Icelandic love poem and since you people are not familiar with how it is 'supposed' to sound then I am able to play it the way I learned it.
Enjoy

This one was written by Rodgers & Hammerstein for the 1945 film State Fair. It won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Linda Louden posted her version of this lovely song yesterday. But there's certainly room for more than one version of this song- different keys, different instruments, different voices - here's mine.

It really IS a Spring day here today, Trent; but, if it's any consolation, we've just been over to the mountains, where there is still plenty of snow.

View attachment 107421

lovely pic. that quality of light and special kind of blue to the sky - we had a taste of all that today too. it looks like we really have sung in the spring!

Wouldn’t you know they hit two out of the park while I was recording this.
Tootler...this may not make sense to someone in England, but I promise you this is a spring song where I live.

Top Bottom