Hi from Portland, OR!

rainytown

Reaction score
Hello there, just posting a new member thread!

Most of my life I've been a piano and guitar player, and am not a virtuoso on either but have enough skill to write and produce my own music, and play out every now and then. I came to ukuleles a bit later - my wife is from Hawai'i so it seemed to make sense to pick up the instrument. Lately I've been finding that I'd like to take my ukulele playing up a notch, so I thought I'd finally join this community!

My current ukuleles:

• A laminate Lanikai tenor (I got it in Kona on my first visit, though it was probably manufactured in China)
  • Kala KA ASAC-C concert
  • Imua ITN tenor
  • And most recently, what I *think* is a Kamaka Ohta-San white label concert, with some cosmetic issues and refurbishing but sounds very nice. I went in to the local guitar store to buy a cheap uke to keep at work, then saw this sitting in a glass case, and made a very expensive impulse buy :)

That last uke is one of the reasons I'm here. I'm trying to find out more information about it, and if I don't have much success over the next few weeks I'll post some pictures and see what you all think.

In the meantime, I'll be doing some catch up reading - there's a lot here!

Top Bottom