Suggestion: Make Email Notifications the Default

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Rather than having to check a couple of boxes to get notices about responses to posts, why not make that the default?

I like the fact that I am able to edit posts at any time. Some forums have a limit of one hour.

Last edited:
Rather than having to check a couple of boxes to get notices about responses to posts, why not make that the default?...

Mind you, I am not a mod here, and only they can make any changes, which goes to committee and likely needs a majority vote to get approval. I have notified them of this thread.

Your suggestion re: notifications seems like a good one since newbies will take a while to figure this out on their own.

Last edited:
In 4.5 yrs since I became a member here on UU, I have never had an issue to edit a post later on, be it one day or even one year, UNLESS the thread it locked or closed.

I do not know where you are seeing this issue. Maybe you can provide more details?

I reworded my post about editing. Yes, I know I can edit at any time, and I like that.

I would much rather learn how to use the forum at my leisure than learn how to turn off something after my email is as clogged as my dead aunts arteries. :drool:

EDIT: You type fast...

No, no, no, I hate it when sites think my email address is theirs to pollute. One should always have to opt in, not opt out. If people fail to check their settings when setting up a new account somewhere, their problem—don't make it everyone else's.

What he said! 100%+

Please, don't send email as default!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I have to agree - make it opt in, not opt out, nobody likes wading through a full email box. :)

This isn't the only forum that I belong to, if I was notified of every reply, I'd never get time to play my ukes. ;)

If you like your message subscription LAN, you can keep your message subscription plan. :p

You can change your defaults in your profile:

S0OekhW.png

Top Bottom