Same Title - Different Song

Canada Jim

Reaction score
Different songs with the same title:

I first noticed this at my Aunt Vera's hundredth birthday. She had asked the piano player, a friend of the family, if he could play Have I Told You Lately That I Love You. He played the song written by Van Morrison and made famous by Rod Stewart. Auntie Vera leaned over and whispered to me, "That's a nice song, but it's not the one your Uncle George sang to me when we were courting."
Maggie grabbed my guitar and sang the old Scotty Wiseman version that Vera loved so well.
It seems that, since you cannot copyright a song title, many titles have been used over again by other composers.
Todd Snider says, when he plays his song Beer Run with the line "B-double E-double R-U-N, Beer Run!" that he wrote this song and then, a few years later, Garth Brooks wrote it again.
The Eagles and The Emotions both had hits with different songs, both titled Best Of My Love.
Roberta Flack and Bad Company had hits with entirely different songs, both titled Feel Like Makin' Love. They even both dropped the "G" from "Making" and put in an apostrophe.
Don't Worry 'Bout Me - Marty Robins
Don't Worry 'Bout Me - Rube Bloom/ Ted Koehler
There are many one word titles that are used by three or more different songs.

yes, there is alot of it about! over on the seasons i quite often click on a vid, expecting a song i know, only to find out it's a completely different song! always a delight though, and with the added bonus of the suprise factor!

Top Bottom