Great Ukulele Display Case from IKEA

uketanzon

Reaction score
Just an fyi to fellow ukers,

I searched long and hard for a ukulele display case and the prices were absolutely silly high, whether it was pre made, or custom made acyrilic or wood ....but it was also silly to have my ukes just sitting in a closet and not being appreciated.....visually...without going thru the effort of taking them out, looking and playing, and then going back into closet jail for who knows how long before seeing it again.

One day I was shopping at Ikea and saw this. I said....mmmmm i could make that work!!!

59.oo bucks!!!, I bought two.... a little pain putting togeather but not terrible if you follow the instruction!!! Two people makes the job much easier.. glass is a bit heavy...
very happy with it. each unit come with 2 boxes. a lot of glass.

you can fit 2 tenors in each or probably 4 concerts and ....???? sopranos. depends on what you use for ukulele stands. I also put
an interior light in each cabinet, which they sell(ikea) looks awsome at night,,,very classy.

Pros:
....Get to see and appreciate what you have already!!!!!!!
....Helps stop UAS....!!!!!
....Helps downsizing..!!!!! if its not display case worthy, you decide criteria, it goes on sale. I do keep a daily player uke hanging on the wall and for travel use. In my case its a Cocobolo concert.
....Eliminate humidification worry...I have a glass of water in each display case and a $12.00 digital humidity measurment gauge.

see the ikea item on the link below.....I live near an ikea so I picked them up

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/#/80269122

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2815.jpg
    IMG_2815.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
What a great way to display your ukes. Ikea furniture can be tough to assemble, as you mentioned, but they came out great. If I only had a music room - they would be perfect! In the meantime, my ukes stay hidden in their cases in a back room away from the wood stove.

Wow, looks great!

That is a very, very cool idea.

Fellow UU brother kohanmike has shown his setup doing something similar, which he posted about many times previously, and it seems by now he has perfected the setup.

You might benefit from contacting him.

Nice display! Love the addition of the flowers and the history book, too.

I would love to move my ukes from their cases to a setup like this. But a question for the OP… does the glass door seal shut, or is there a gap?

Very nice, and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I would love to move my ukes from their cases to a setup like this. But a question for the OP… does the glass door seal shut, or is there a gap?

Yes there is a small gap,,,its not HERMETICALLY sealed., air tight ..l have a glass of water in each and a hydrometer so I can monitor humidity. so far it always between 4o and 45 which is good. I still keep a daddario humidpack also in sound hole. If I go away on extended vacation or something, I am just going use painters easy remove blue tape and seal it around door with the glass of water inside. I am not really that cocnerned....I live in florida not arizona.

Last edited:
That's amazing. I would love a display case like that.

Great thread, thank you.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I just love and enjoy looking at them with the brand promo items, like shirts, hats, stickers, along side the ukes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom