Good morning from Iowa!

Roguedharma

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm relatively new to the forums. In other words, I've been skulking in the corners for nearly a year now, gathering as much insight as possible. In the last few days I made my first post to the forum: Uke Talk. I asked a few questions regarding an upcoming purchase of an ukulele, and I was surprised and excited by the great responses I received. So much so, that I pulled the trigger earlier than expected and purchased a uke from HMS. What a great community!

Welcome aboard! Hola from sunny Arizona! What part of Iowa are you in? I have family near Des Moines and will hopefully be there in May.

Hello and welcome.
What ukulele did you buy?

I live near Cedar Rapids, IA. Des MOines is about a two hour drive away.

I have a number of Kala ukes and was looking to step up my game so I went with a Pono Acacia Pro Classic cutaway, with Cedar top. A friend of mine has two Ponos and I was amazed at how good they sound and their finish. I was debating between an Opio and a Pono, and from the responses from UU, and great conversations with Andrew from HMS, I chose to go with the Pono. Now I sit in anticipation of my new ukes arrival.

Glad you are here!

Top Bottom