Full Setup or Expedited?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
When you buy from Hawaii Music Supply, do you get the full setup or the new Expedited setup? I bit the bullet and went with the full setup. It takes about two weeks, and the wait is awful, but I figured I might as well have it arrive in as good condition as possible.

Last edited:
Personal preference: full setup.

Compared to the potential years you may own the uke, waiting a few days or weeks longer for a great setup is worth it

I do both, depending on what ukulele brand I am buying.

Recently, I did the full setup on a Kala and the expedited setup on two Koaloha's and a Kiwaya. They all play perfect.

I'd assume that their "full setup" is mostly needed with the entry level stuff. On more expensive instruments, I'd expect the makers to dress the frets nicely etc. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to take any chances and always go with the full setup. It is a painfully long waiting period, but like others have said: better to wait a few days longer and receive an instrument that has been set up to its full potential.

Haven’t find any difference, I have 3 Ukes from them 1 with expedite, all play great!!!

Top Bottom