#319 Spring Soul

you don't HAVE to be mad to try this............... actually yes you do! (especially if you can't get the relevant scenes from "about a boy" out of your head!)

"killing me softly with his song"

My second and last original for this season.... a soulful blues that is still firmly influenced by the death of my good friend, Gemma, a few weeks back. Sunsets can be very hard sometimes as Cyril Tawney's wonderful "Grey Funnel Line" song points out.

Off to the Valencia Region for a couple of nights. See y'all when I get back, I hope.

First time I've tried to play a riff and sing at the same time. I thought my brain was gonna explode.

This was not a soul music band, but I think this song still fits the theme. The Ramones also covered this song.

Hello again, Kelly! This is a song by a British soul band, The Foundations, from the 1960s. (Middle of the night upload as I'm running out of the monthly Internet allowance and access between midnight and 6.00 a.m. is free!)

Thanks for hosting Kelly! I had hoped to be more active, but at a minimum I wanted to get one in. Bill Withers fits this weeks theme, and this is a song I had been wanting to learn anyway!

Well,you did say that we could try to give a soulful delivery to any song...This one came to me while driving around, as I pondered the fact that when Black Sabbath first started playing together, they were a blues band (not called Black Sabbath yet, obviously), and then I just had to try it when I got home. So here's a blues/soul cover of a Black Sabbath classic...

Maaaaate :bowdown:

Going back to an earlier era, some Fats Domino. BEV suggested (well... implied) I should get my Uke'Ellie out and go electric, so I did.

Greetings,

Please ...."Unchain my Heart"......for this season and this day.

Ciao

People who know me well, or were here 3 years ago when I did an entire season on it, know it's been a happy week for me because Jack White's got a new album. I've had it on repeat all week. It's his best work for a good 10 years in my opinion and weaves so many different genres together so seamlessly it's mind boggling.

The first song on the album is relatively restrained though. Massive soul/Gospel influences on it culminating in an organ/guitar solo that blend into each other. Here's my take:

You may notice the wall is bare too. This is my last season's video in this flat. We're moving to a house tomorrow. Long time coming.

Last edited:
Have I told you lately (Anniversary Song)

46th Wedding Anniversary today. We were married on Maundy Thursday. Mandatum novum do vobis

good innings there Rob and Mrs Rob - and a couple of 'life' sentences.
Not sure what this paoriginoodle is - insole probably - so I called it Shoe Leather.

Just popped my head in and still no JAMES BROWN ,a Soul Season without the main man ???? The gauntlet has been laid for anyway feeling like a real vocal challenge :cool:

Top Bottom