Original song, Come Close My Friends.

anthonyg

Reaction score
Come Close My Friends V2.

I posted a performance of this 2 months ago, and then took it down because I looked hot and bothered (I was hot and bothered). Its taken me a little while to sort out my recording setup but here we are.

My Scott Wise tenor ukulele tuned E,A,C#,F#. I think I need to change the strings for the best ukulele sound yet the song works just fine.

A lovely creation and sentiment my friend - and well performed too. Enjoyed it. Thank you.
Regards, Dave

Nicely done. Some real artistry there in the song and your presentation! Look forward to hearing more.

Very nice Anthony. I liked it.

Nicely done. Some real artistry there in the song and your presentation! Look forward to hearing more.

Thanks guys.

I'm starting to put it all together at the same time including the recording technique which I've been struggling with for a while.

I spent most of the day trying to get the recording right and then when I finally managed something decent I recorded 4 tracks which I will post soon.

Interesting visual presentation in the video Anthony, I really liked it, quite capturing , and a nice contrast . Also liked the song, thanks for your share it was a pleasure to listen and view.

Interesting visual presentation in the video Anthony, I really liked it, quite capturing , and a nice contrast . Also liked the song, thanks for your share it was a pleasure to listen and view.

Thanks. I'm curious as to what your finding visually interesting? Is it the not going head on to the camera that's interesting?

Thanks. I'm curious as to what your finding visually interesting? Is it the not going head on to the camera that's interesting?

In part your position , but it's more than that alone, Anthony, to answer best I can at the moment, For me, I immediately notice the darker greys and purple tinges, the textures, the appearance is not dark as in foreboding but dark as in abiding in a chamber or a lit cave. Also with your dark shirt, so yourself in person is in contrast well presented against the darker colours, the Uke kind of seems somewhere in between. It's quite a range of depth and contrast , which I like btw, but not overwhelmingly , it doesn't draw attention away from your performance but instead enhances it, visually.
Also your expression, it's kind of dispassionate, but it's not, it's like your somewhere deeper than the surface expression, I don't know if you intend that or even agree, but I see you being very deeply personally involved in the song, so I find the contrast there interesting, and again in contrast watching you play is quite fascinating, my attention was drawn mostly to your playing.
I felt like you're in an isolated space, insulated in a way, it seems odd for the song, and yet it seems a deliberate artistic expression. Overall with the music and expression in the song itself I found it to be interesting and I was quite drawn into it, so quite capturing in that sense.
Of course I may also be perceiving it differently to how it is for you , but as you asked, that's why I find it interesting, and I like it because it has a feel of your personal depth and I like that, whether I'm reading that right might be another matter.

In part your position , but it's more than that alone, Anthony, to answer best I can at the moment, For me, I immediately notice the darker greys and purple tinges, the textures, the appearance is not dark as in foreboding but dark as in abiding in a chamber or a lit cave. Also with your dark shirt, so yourself in person is in contrast well presented against the darker colours, the Uke kind of seems somewhere in between. It's quite a range of depth and contrast , which I like btw, but not overwhelmingly , it doesn't draw attention away from your performance but instead enhances it, visually.
Also your expression, it's kind of dispassionate, but it's not, it's like your somewhere deeper than the surface expression, I don't know if you intend that or even agree, but I see you being very deeply personally involved in the song, so I find the contrast there interesting, and again in contrast watching you play is quite fascinating, my attention was drawn mostly to your playing.
I felt like you're in an isolated space, insulated in a way, it seems odd for the song, and yet it seems a deliberate artistic expression. Overall with the music and expression in the song itself I found it to be interesting and I was quite drawn into it, so quite capturing in that sense.
Of course I may also be perceiving it differently to how it is for you , but as you asked, that's why I find it interesting, and I like it because it has a feel of your personal depth and I like that, whether I'm reading that right might be another matter.

Thanks for the feedback..

The background is to keep it visually simple. I used to work as a photographer and keeping it simple is never a bad approach.

I went side on to the camera for two reasons. No1 is that the acoustics of my room just work better that way and No2 is that I find it much easier to get into the mood of the song by ignoring the camera as much as I can. I've gone face on to the camera many times but I end up worrying about my facial expressions rather than the song.

Top Bottom