NUD Kimo super concert

Congrats on a great sounding and beautiful Uke. You show great restraint in keeping it simple when the world of choices open to you can’t tempt you away from simply beautiful.

One thing (of several) I really like is the simple but effective use of the end of the fretboard. I don’t see that in the bling category and often wonder why it isn’t used more often.

Thanks for show and tell.

Wow, Dave, very nice. Congrats!

@Jeffelele, Thanks for the nice compliments. Hank does really nice detailing with just the woods so it is easy to let those elements be the "bling" as you say

@Nickie I always appriecate your enthusiastic responds, thanks;)

it has been awhile since I ordered a new uke but after talking to Hank I am on his list...we have a lot in common so looking forward for my Koa tenor

Last edited:
it has been awhile since I ordered a new uke but after talking to Hank I am on his list...we have a lot in common so looking forward for my Koa tenor

Hey Len congratulations I am sure you will really enjoy it. Thanks for letting me know that you went ahead with the order. Another member here ordered a tenor after reading my first NUD (koa maple tenor) and recently received his second one, a baritone. Hank does a very good build and produces an excellent tone.

Really really beautiful. What radius does the Ukulele have?

Hey Len congratulations I am sure you will really enjoy it. Thanks for letting me know that you went ahead with the order. Another member here ordered a tenor after reading my first NUD (koa maple tenor) and recently received his second one, a baritone. Hank does a very good build and produces an excellent tone.

Yes Hank does nice work..i am getting some crazy Koa with super sapwood...I like it that Hank is trying this type of Koa wood...but most of all I really get Hank we agree on everything...:) so this should be a fun summer watching this build

Looks wonderful. Sounds crisp and clear with a nice rich voice. And the player did an excellent job. Congratulations. You'll have fun with it. 👍 Big thumbs up.

Wondering - When you were working with Hank did you get to have input on the actual pieces of wood stock?
Thanks

Last edited:
Wondering - When you were working with Hank did you get to have input on the actual pieces of wood stock?
Thanks

Hank sent me pictures of 3 sets of Koa all different...he just got the set I picked.....has really crazy curl and super sapwood and I am getting a curly Koa neck..i am having him build me a Super Tenor... body size a little larger than normal tenors

I missed this thread when it started, but wow, that's a stunning ukulele, and it sounds great.
I hope that your hand heals quickly do you can get back to playing it soon.

I had bruddah Hank build a Kimo Compression Curly Koa/High Altitude Alaskan Sitka Spruce tenor for me and I was able to choose my tonewoods. His new Super Tenor body has replaced his "Hula Hips" tenor model, which has an exaggerated wide lower bout. I definitely LOVE the new Super Tenor body style, which Hank designed in the Washburn "J" (Jumbo Guitar) body style. Figure 8 body shape, just like a voluptuous wahine! Bruddah Hank uses an X braced soundboard, which I really, really love! I own several ukes with X bracing and they all have a full, rich tone with outstanding projection. Great workmanship and a great value for the price on a custom uke, which comes with many custom options for the base price, which are usually custom upgrades with custom builds. Bruddah Hank is building another custom Super Tenor for me!

Here's a link to my Kimo Super Tenor: http://www.kimoukulele.com/2018/11/26/a-kimo-for-kimo-super-tenor-ukulele/

I missed this thread when it started, but wow, that's a stunning ukulele, and it sounds great.
I hope that your hand heals quickly do you can get back to playing it soon.

Thank you very much on both counts.

Slackkey007...... that is one beautiful looking spruceand koa super tenor. Too bad it doesn't have your beloved slothead but some things are worth sacrificing.

I own two Kimos, you are getting a second, Lapyang is getting a third. Hank obviously does a lot of things right.

I had bruddah Hank build a Kimo Compression Curly Koa/High Altitude Alaskan Sitka Spruce tenor for me and I was able to choose my tonewoods. His new Super Tenor body has replaced his "Hula Hips" tenor model, which has an exaggerated wide lower bout. I definitely LOVE the new Super Tenor body style, which Hank designed in the Washburn "J" (Jumbo Guitar) body style. Figure 8 body shape, just like a voluptuous wahine! Bruddah Hank uses an X braced soundboard, which I really, really love! I own several ukes with X bracing and they all have a full, rich tone with outstanding projection. Great workmanship and a great value for the price on a custom uke, which comes with many custom options for the base price, which are usually custom upgrades with custom builds. Bruddah Hank is building another custom Super Tenor for me!

Here's a link to my Kimo Super Tenor: http://www.kimoukulele.com/2018/11/26/a-kimo-for-kimo-super-tenor-ukulele/

That is freakin' gorgeous!

I'll bet that body style really adds depth to the sound. Beautiful workmandship & design. I hope you post some sound clips.

And, I learned something new: "Compression Curly Koa". I had never heard that term before.

Congrats on the Kimo. I was playing a few just today at my local uke shop.

That is a beautiful instrument and has the sound to go with such beauty! Enjoy!

Top Bottom