Need to buy a case?

Heavy2600

Reaction score
Guitar Center sale 25%

I always need more cases but hate the expense. Good sale at Guitar center 25% off through April 11 code March25. I just ordered a baritone Musicians Gear hard case for $37 free shipping. Sorry if this kind of post isn't permitted.

Last edited:
I have one of their concert size cases. I like the latches.

Do they still come with the hoop type latches? The case they have pictured on their site shows the kind where you flip down the cover latch onto the catch on the body of the case. (2nd picture) I ordered one of these cases years ago and despite what was pictured on their site, I got a case with the hoop type latches where you put the hoop over a catch on the lid and then you snap down the latch. (1st picture) The hoop style latches are so much better. I may be in the market for one of these cases before the sale runs out. I was going to order one to pick up in the store and if it didn't have the hoop latches, I would just return it on the spot and get a different case.

hoop type latch
hoop latch.jpg

similar latch type they show on the cases on the Guitar Center site
std latch.jpg

Last edited:
Good prices on some decent import cases. Out of all the common import cases I've tried, these seem to be the most consistent in fit and finish. I have 3 soprano sized and one concert size and they all have the hoop latches.

Also, the concert case is as close to a perfect fit as I could find for a vintage Martin concert.

I always need more cases but hate the expense. Good sale at Guitar center 25% off through April 11 code March25. I just ordered a baritone Musicians Gear hard case for $37 free shipping. Sorry if this kind of post isn't permitted.

I'm fanatical about having hard cases for my ukes, preferably with at least three snap closures and one or more shoulder straps. All it takes is one accident with a gig bag for your day to be ruined. I have some uke/case combinations where each one cost about the same, but I don't want a uke to be damaged, regardless of cost.

Speaking of cases, I have to tell you this story. I was buying a Martin IZ tenor from Elderly, and I contacted them with a question about substituting a hard case for the supplied gig bag. Someone replied that I could substitute one of the hard cases he listed, and he recommended the most expensive one ($250). I forget the name, but it was "Amer..." So, I ordered the uke and the expensive case. A few minutes later, I got an email from the manager. Yes, I could have the $250 case, but I would have to pay the gig bag/case difference. I showed him the email I received saying I could have that case included with the uke. He honored the deal offered by his employee. Elderly is a good company.

Do they still come with the hoop type latches? The case they have pictured on their site shows the kind where you flip down the cover latch onto the catch on the body of the case.

I've noticed that some of those hoop latched have a hole in the top piece and a matching protrusion on the hoop that fits in the hole - a bit more secure.

Yes, I could have the $250 case, but I would have to pay the gig bag/case difference. I showed him the email I received saying I could have that case included with the uke. He honored the deal offered by his employee. Elderly is a good company.

Wow, really? What a deal!

Do they still come with the hoop type latches? The case they have pictured on their site shows the kind where you flip down the cover latch onto the catch on the body of the case. (2nd picture) I ordered one of these cases years ago and despite what was pictured on their site, I got a case with the hoop type latches where you put the hoop over a catch on the lid and then you snap down the latch. (1st picture) The hoop style latches are so much better. I may be in the market for one of these cases before the sale runs out. I was going to order one to pick up in the store and if it didn't have the hoop latches, I would just return it on the spot and get a different case.

hoop type latch
View attachment 107629

similar latch type they show on the cases on the Guitar Center site
View attachment 107630

Yeah, they are showing different latches than what I have on 2 of my Musicians Gear cases, they must have changed them. Also, I'm getting a price of $41.99 for the baritone and the march25 code doesn't work.

The baritone musicians gear case is a good fit for the Hadean Uke bass

I tried my friends baritone case for my Kala Ubass and the tuners were a really tight fit, I think it was a Musicians Gear case...what is the width across the tuner area?

I just looked at some cases, and "Save up to 25%" means that saving 25% could be a challenge. Still, the prices are good. Of course, the more expensive the ukulele, the more expensive the case should be.

Adding the March25 code at checkout didn't lower the price.

Last edited:
Got the case it's excellent. Decent build for the price. I was able to add to cart and apply the "march25" coupon code just now as a test. When I logged in with my Guitar center account it said it was expired, maybe because I used it already. While logged off, I tried again by selecting checkout with Paypal it keeps the discounted price. Maybe give that a shot if still interested. I thought the original coupon said expires April 11, but perhaps it was April 1.

Last edited:
I tested it this morning and the coupon code still works marking the price down 25% (at least on the concert size, I didn't check others). They threw a little wrench into that discount code by putting the cases on sale last week so the code didn't work last week.

I'm fanatical about having hard cases for my ukes, preferably with at least three snap closures and one or more shoulder straps. All it takes is one accident with a gig bag for your day to be ruined. I have some uke/case combinations where each one cost about the same, but I don't want a uke to be damaged, regardless of cost.
I was heading to a ukulele festival with my uke in the hard case and I told my wife that I always worried about not getting it latched securely or something undoing the latch while I'm throwing it in the car, so she took a Nike headband that she had, tied a knot in it to shorten it up a bit, and put it around the case. Cheap security. I've been doing that now for years if I'm going out and about with it and if I think that I'm going to find myself in a grab and go situation. Otherwise, I just throw the headband in the case until I feel the need for the extra insurance.

Last edited:
I tried my Ubass in a friends case the other day, the tuners are kind of tight, but it works. I ordered a case on sale on Sunday for $44.64, I just looked and applied the march25 code and it came to $39.85, so I opened a chat with Guitar Center and they said they would honor the code! :shaka:

I tested the code again today and it's still working. Once the code was applied and taxes were added my cart came to a total of $40.31. I ended up buying the same case, new with a light scratch on it off of Ebay for $34 delivered. The pictured scratch wasn't much so it was well worth it to me to save 6 more dollars.

Last edited:
Got the case today, it fits great, happy to have a hard case for my Ubass! But, GC still hasn't honored the march25 discount they said they would...
case.jpg

Just looked at my bank account, they did give me a credit! They actually took 25% off the sale price, so, I got the case for about $35!!! :shaka: Mahalo GC!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom