Lighter tuners for super soprano vs Grover 8 chrome

I'm not sure that you will save any meaningful weight by going to the 9N that have plastic knobs, but I haven't actually weighed the 9Ns. Problem is that the 9N shafts are shorter than the 8N. You can swap out the knobs/worm screws to get the 9N knobs on the longer shafts, though. The 8N set weighs 90 grams.

I just checked Stewart MacDonald for Grover frictions tuners as a comparison. The Type 6 weighs 100 grams per set, so the geared tuners, both 8N and 9N, will actually weigh less.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that you will save any meaningful weight by going to the 9N that have plastic knobs, but I haven't actually weighed the 9Ns. Problem is that the 9N shafts are shorter than the 8N. You can swap out the knobs/worm screws to get the 9N knobs on the longer shafts, though. The 8N set weighs 90 grams.

I just checked Stewart MacDonald for Grover frictions tuners as a comparison. The Type 6 weighs 100 grams per set, so the geared tuners, both 8N and 9N, will actually weigh less.

Yes, they come apart with just one screw, so swapping the knobs is easy. I don't recall if the threads turn in opposite directions for left and right sides, so do one at a time.

Top Bottom