Ukers For Kids

Nickie

Reaction score
With the support of TBUS, I've started organizing a new project called Ukers For Kids.
Several people have volunteered, we are building a songbook of music enjoyed by today's kids, and are practicing.
We're beginning hospice volunteer training, and have been invited by our local Shriner's hospital.
We plan to entertain and jam with these sick kids.
There's one thing, we have loaner ukes for our other project, but I'll be darned if I'll take back a uke from a sick kid who wants it. I want the kids to keep the ukes if they like.
Before I ask the UKC for ukes (they are donating to other facilities by the boatload), I've decided to ask Lanakai, Ohana, Cordoba, and Luna to sponsor this by donating ukes. Kala has already donated big time to our other program.
Are there any other manufacturers I should ask?

Maybe Magic Fluke https://www.magicfluke.com/default.asp they don't make anything in the super cheap price range, but they are nice folks and may want to help.

Is your songbook available? I would love to take a look at it.

Maybe Magic Fluke https://www.magicfluke.com/default.asp they don't make anything in the super cheap price range, but they are nice folks and may want to help.

Is your songbook available? I would love to take a look at it.

I'll give them a shout. If you PM me your email address, I'll send you our songs, what we have so far.

I think I read that Mainland sometimes contribute to good causes, might be worth a try.

Hope it goes well. :)

Thank you!

Another avenue to take is raise cash. You have a worthy cause and it should be easy to get donations. I have done well with my uke club members. I use the money donated to buy ukes directly from Ohana for use at the Boys & Girls Club.

Another avenue to take is raise cash. You have a worthy cause and it should be easy to get donations. I have done well with my uke club members. I use the money donated to buy ukes directly from Ohana for use at the Boys & Girls Club.

Yeah, great idea. I know people in various organizations and schools that use various online donation sites where you can set something up for a special project.

Top Bottom