Recstar24

Reaction score
Hello,

This custom baritone has the following:

Baritone ML -19" scale
Master grade cedar top from Les Stansell
Master Ebony w/sapwood back, sides and head plate
mahogany neck, ebony fret board and bridge
Fretboard, headstock, and body curly koa binding with purfling, including purfling top, back, fret board, head stock and sound hole
Koa sound hole rosette
Side sound port bound with purfling
Gloss lacquer finish
Gotoh UPT tuners
Southcoast strings

Received 1/2017 and has been played very little due to family scheduling and health related issues within the family. In absolute immaculate condition as new, no marks, perfect fret ends, the works! Has been in original headshell case with a consistent 45-50% humidity using the boveda packs which I've found are the best.

You will see I had a custom inlay of my initials which I'm hoping my price reflects your acceptance of that. Originally cost $3000 but I am asking for $1800 plus shipping and any PayPal fees associated. I believe at one point Jerry stopped making baritones so if you've been itching for one here you go.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

(Picture thumbnails are coming out small, feel free to PM me and I can email you the full high resolution pics)

Original NUD thread: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?125285-NUD-Hoffmann-ML-19-quot-Baritone&p=1933903#post1933903

Last edited:
Wow! What a deal for someone. I can't imagine parting with my BP (Hoffman) bari and tenor. Besides being beautiful, you have to hear them sing to fully appreciate Jerrys craftsmanship. This shouldn't last long.

This is a fantastic opportunity. If I didn't already have 4 high end baritones fighting for playing time, I would buy this myself. I have done multiple purchases/trades with Ryan. He is easy to deal with, and packs carefully and securely.

How beautiful! And my initials are REG - a little tail and it would work. Unfortunately, I don't play baritones. Good luck!

How beautiful! And my initials are REG - a little tail and it would work. Unfortunately, I don't play baritones. Good luck!

If it helps, you truly can think of it as a long scale Tenor :) it plays as easily as one that is for sure!

Bump

This is a fantastic opportunity. If I didn't already have 4 high end baritones fighting for playing time, I would buy this myself. I have done multiple purchases/trades with Ryan. He is easy to deal with, and packs carefully and securely.

Thanks bud!

I can't believe that nobody has snatched this beauty up to now. The woods are stunning and it's a pleasure to simply look at this instrument even though I don't play baritone at all! :love:

Ha! I’d have snagged it up if I had some hidden stash of cash! The initials don’t bother me at all, I’d give this beaut a home in a heartbeat!

Man... I'm very tempted. Just wish I had more time to play to justify the purchase

Ryan, can’t believe that you are parting with this masterpiece. If I didn’t have my own ebony Hoffmann Bari it would be on its way to me. At the price you’re selling it for, it’s a gift for someone who values quality but normally couldn’t afford it.

I would have grabbed this up in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a Boat Paddle baritone. If this one sounds as good as mine does, it's going to make someone very, very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom