Season 320: You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

Season 320: You Ain’t Heard Nothing Yet!

For Season 320, I want to hear songs with the word “ain’t” in the title or in the lyrics. Covers and originals are all welcome!

The Rules:
• Your song must be newly-recorded and exclusively for Season 320.
• Don’t post any videos that are not entries – put those things on the Island.
• The video must say it’s for Season 320, either written or verbalized.
• No Song Limit!
• Multitracking is fine, but the ukulele must be prominent.
• The Season runs eight days, starting at midnight Hawaii time, Sunday, and ends eight days later at midnight, the end of the day, Sunday.
• Please comment on others’ work – it’s always appreciated!

Finally - There ain’t no Prizes this Season – but I will choose the Top Five Entries for Special Recognition! (Okay, there’s gonna be a small prize or two!)

Playlist

Last edited:
Interesting, Randy!

It IS a stigmatized word!

For example, by profession, I'm an English teacher, teaching English as a second language. Nowhere, not once, does the word "ain't" appear in any of the many textbooks of every level that I've been exposed to.

"Ain't no tellin what a man will do"

I woke up yesterday with a cold, but I will carry on regardless...so here's one by CW Stoneking

Bob Dylan song. The Byrds (featuring Clarence White's magic guitar) did it. I've done it before as well, but it fits and it's a fun song.

I recorded this one awhile back, which was written by Mel Tillis. This time I took the sopranino challenge on it, and did it a step higher than I sang it last time, I'm the same key Webb Pierce did in in here.

Here's a Charley Pride song I was messing around with just the other day, I guess my subconscious knew this was gonna be "ain't" week. This song certainly does attempt to rationalize cheating, my wife heard this one said "boo" because of that......

Here's an awesome song written by Johnny Russell, and has been recorded by several traditional country artists. This was only my 2nd take on it, so it's a bit rough, but the feeling was there so I kept it.

Top Bottom