Season 320: You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet

Ahoy good people.
I am going to post two songs on this fine day, both of which include the word "ain't" in the lyrics. I will post a song with a title "ain't" later in the week.first there is "Flames Go Higher" by the Eagles of Death Metal

The second song is Lil' Wayne's "Sorry 4 the Wait" which uses the instrumental from Adele's "Rolling in the Deep"

P.s. I don't really enjoy Lil Wayne but I truly enjoy this song

A Baker's Dozen of amazing entries right out of the gate! It ain't gonna be a bad week.

(And for the OC folk like me, I've PM'd a couple of mods asking that they add "Season 320" to this thread title!)

BigDaddyUker If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie Well, that was just amazing! I enjoyed this a lot, you're sounding terrific here!

wee_ginga_yin It ain't me babe One of my favorite Dylans. Well done!

Joko It Ain't Me I'd be happy with LOTS of versions of this magnificent song! Love your take!

pabrizzer It Ain't Always True Wow. Amazing song in short order!

YorkSteve Jailhouse Blues Really good song, and your take is terrific!

hendulele You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere Great choice, I like this song a lot!

xommen This Ain't An Original Clever and fun!
Recovering Bassist I Ain't Never Fun song, and the soprano sounds terrific!

Recovering Bassist What ain't to be just might happen New to me, I'm kind of light on my Porter Wagoner knowledge. This is a good song, and I love your take!

Recovering Bassist I ain't all bad Charlie Pride did some really terrific songs, and this is a good one! Well done!

Recovering Bassist Ain't you even gonna cry You're on fire! Good selection, very well done!

cazteclo Flames Go Higher Good song, and your playing is awesome!

cazteclo The Wait Wow, really good!

I had never heard this one before, done by Del Reeves in 1976. I love songs with moving chords like this, but man was this ever a challenge to try to play smoothly, let alone try to sing with it.

Here's a Jim Lauderdale song that dates back to the late 80's. He's recorded this one a few times.

I imagine we'll get a few of these this week, too. At least I hope someone else does it!

During the month of February I participated in February Album Writing Month (FAWM).
One of the activities they had was a SKIRMISH - where someone gave a prompt and you had one hour to come up with an original song. This is a re-recording for season 320 of one I wrote for the prompt HEALING.

Had to get one in before heading out for my annual fishing trip with my dad...this one took me two minutes to play, and an hour to figure out the chords for. An uplifting little number from Lost Dog Street Band. “Life Ain’t Sweet”

The first day of this Season ain't half bad!

wee_ginga_yin Side by Side Terrific version!

Recovering Bassist I Ain't Got Nobody This is new to me, too. Good find, good song!

Recovering Bassist You ain't gonna cut no highway thru my home Fun song, well done!

BigDaddyUker Ain't That A Shame Great addition to the playlist, you voice is perfect for this song!

Tootler It Ain't Me Babe Keep on "inflicting" us with treats like this!

AlanDP Lonely Ain't Easy Wow, great song!

hendulele Fortunate Son Oh yeah. Great addition, great song!

BigDaddyUker Fortunate Son Fortunate indeed! Well done!

turtledrum I Ain't Marching Anymore This was one of the songs I was hoping would make an appearance, and I am delighted you brought it!

pabrizzer Ain't No Healing So good. So powerful. So sad.

Jazzbanjorex You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet, Luh Luh Luh Love it!

TCK life ain’t sweet Terrific song from the Naked Kid!

BigDaddyUker Unwed Fathers New to me, too! Great find!

I realized that going back "through the Seasons" I had already done three or four songs with "Ain't" in their title - I had to kind of rummage around to find a new one, then I remembered the great King Cole Trio version of this Louis Jordan tune. Here’s my attempt at “Is You Is Or Is You Ain’t My Baby” by Louis Jordan and Billy Austin. Played on tenor ukulele with singing; Ubass joins in after the intro.

I'll have to get around to some Season 320 listening tomorrow morning. Good night!

So for 320 I found this looking for the G Gershwin "Ain't Necessarily So ".
So,come on, it's Willie Nelson ain't it ? Got to have a go at some Willie N. Cheers

A Wee original, lamenting the unrelenting snow in Finland.

I know that there ain’t much hope
That I’ll ever get out on a ski slope
No matter how hard you might plea
I’m never gonna make it on a pair of skis

Chorus
I don’t like winter sports
Though I live in the snow country
I don’t like the snow
And the snow don’t like me

I often think that it would be real nice
To wear a sparkly suit and skate on ice
But now I know that it’s way to late