Season 320: You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet

Ahoy.
Here is Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" which is full of ain'ts

Hi, Randy ... for me, it was surprisingly difficult to find "ain't" songs. Hope this is one you might not have heard before - it suddenly emerged from the deep recesses of my mind. Leslie Sarony was a popular English entertainer, who wrote other gems such as "Don't Be Cruel to a Vegetebuel". There were several versions of this song, all with slightly different lyrics; so I chose the ones that I liked best. (If I don't comment on other people's videos for the next day or two, it's not that I don't want to; it's just that we've only got 2% of our monthly Internet allowance to last till midnight on Wednesday!)

Last edited:
the gershwin one sorry its a bit long,got carried away

This is a lot of fun to sing because it has so many words packed into such a short time. There ain't many ain'ts but they're there if you stick around long enough.

A terrific Monday. Ain't nothing wrong here!

UkeFoote Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby Whoa! Brilliant and beautiful version!

CeeJay Ain't Necessarily So Weird and wonderful!

wee_ginga_yin Ain't Much Hope Yup, I'm with ya!

One Man And His Uke Is You Is Or Is You Ain’t... This is such a terrific song, and your take on it is just wonderful!

cazteclo Don't Think Twice It's All Right Really good performance here!

LimousinLil AIN'T IT GRAND TO BE BLOOMIN' WELL DEAD! Well, you found a good one! So much fun!

BigDaddyUker You Ain't Much Fun Fun song!

BigDaddyUker Eight Days A Week Love them Beatles!

BigDaddyUker Ain't No Grave Really good song! Love your voice here!

dickadcock This World New to me - good song, terrific take!

Recovering Bassist I just ain't been able New to me, good performance, good picking!

stanat20 It Ain't necessarily so Really happy to see this on the Playlist! Well done!

CeeJay Ain't That A Grand And Glorious Feeling Good one! I know it from Annette Hanshaw's version. Your take is terrific!

Recovering Bassist Ain't gonna get me down New to me, I like it!

dickadcock I Don't Believe You Wow, this is terrific! You even sound a bit like Dylan, In a good way!

AlanDP Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight Good song, love your take on it!

Here s one from our own Jon Duncan, alias Mountain Goat, alias Eugene Ukulele...et al. Hope I'm not giving too much information away. I loved this when he did it for a season, back in the early 100s, I think, and long deleted. Ain't gets a run in the title twice.

Ahoy everybody.
Dylan seems to love using the word "ain't" in his songs so I found another Dylan tune to try out on the Uke.
The Ballad of Hollis Brown is what I went for today.

Thank you all for these lovely seasons - I can feel myself becoming a more confident Uke player by partaking in the seasons.

While watching March Madness, I was moved by Loyola chaplain Sister Jean. I need to cultivate more patience in my life, and who better to emulate than a 98-year-old nun who’s waited decades for her team to get to the dance?

Ain't no rule saying I can't do one myself! Here's an original.

This one has AINT in the title (if you look carefully) ;)

But just in case, it has an ain't at the end of a line in one verse.

This is another love song for Carmen. She really needs them, at the moment, given the hell she's going through with her ageing parents. Her Mom has recurring heart problems and her Dad has incipient senility and his dark side now tends to come out far too often these days :(

It is a song in praise of the everyday joys that just being in a loving relationship can represent. I hope you like it.

Top Bottom