Poll: Add them up! How much have you spent on your current ukes?

How much have you spent on your current stable of ukes?

• $0 - $249

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • $250 - $499

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • $500 - $749

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • $750 - $999

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • $1000 - $1499

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • $1500 - $1999

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • $2000+

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters

mikelz777

Reaction score
How much have you spent on your current stable of ukes? Add them up using what you spent on each uke that you still own. Don't count ukes you've sold or given away, only ukes you currently own using their original cost. If your total doesn't appear on the poll (i.e. over $2000), please share your total if you are willing.

Last edited:
I think you need to revise your categories. While there are many people who have spent less than $500 total for more than 1 ukulele. I would guess that there will be a majority in the $2000+ category; especially for those with a number of ukuleles.

Maybe a $2000 to $4999, $5000 to $9999, and a $10,000+. It may seem way too high, but I'm willing to get there will be some in the $10k category. There are also too many sub $1000 categories.

John

I guess my options reveal where I'm at in my uke spending. I just purchased another uke so my 3 ukes put me just over the $1000 mark. There's probably a lot of people here that have spent more than that on 1 uke! I get shakey when things hit $400+ which is pretty extravagant for me. Maybe the responders who easily top out the poll will share their total. I can't seem to be able to revise my poll.

under 800 for me. I bought used on local classified, KIJIJI.

Snagged a Martin C1K for $400, and Concert Flea for $125.

My wife and I play them everyday. Incredible value considering the brand, and build quality so I'm not ashamed buying used :).

But I agree with Sano... a lot of peeps would be over $2000 just with one Uke alone. If you look at some peoples signature they probably got $10K++++ worth of ukes lol.

I think you need to revise your categories. While there are many people who have spent less than $500 total for more than 1 ukulele. I would guess that there will be a majority in the $2000+ category; especially for those with a number of ukuleles.

Maybe a $2000 to $4999, $5000 to $9999, and a $10,000+. It may seem way too high, but I'm willing to get there will be some in the $10k category. There are also too many sub $1000 categories.

John

Right! I suspect the serious players on this forum have spent way over $2,000 on their current collection. I 'm into five figures on the 38 I currently have.

Around 17-19G's with the stable I have now. I think I have 9 total. I've been playing 60 years so figure I am gonna stick with it enough to buy hi quality instruments. Range goes from 120.00 to over 4 grand per instrument.

I don't know if I can call myself a "serious" player, I'm a fun player who has a nice case of UAS. My total is about $3140, of my 8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 are custom by Bruce Wei in Vietnam.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
I don't know if I can call myself a "serious" player, I'm a fun player who has a nice case of UAS. My total is about $3140, of my 8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 are custom by Bruce Wei in Vietnam.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

I would call you both serious and fun, Mike. :rolleyes:

I am feeling like a poor relation. I added up the cost of the 5 ukuleles I own and barely got over $1000. One I won in a lottery so it costs next to nothing so that skews it a bit.

I don't get the point of this poll.

The point is for curiosity's sake and for the pure fun of it. It isn't in any way meant to be a meaningful study so if you are taking multiple factors into account and having to weigh them then you are over thinking it.

I've already learned that the spending limitations I've set for myself are far exceeded by a lot of others here and that my poll options should have skewed much further to the high end. I just thought it would be fun to see where I stand in relation to others in spending and I thought that maybe others would too. It looks like my $1000 for 3 ukes (which is extravagant to me) is like a drop in the bucket for many people here.

I think it’s fun, too. :D

Edit - mikelz777 - what’s your third one? There are only two in your signature! As the saying goes, “enquiring minds want to know”. And we are nosy and live vicariously. :)

Last edited:
I think this poll has a very very deep meaning.....it's a friendly reminder to the UAS addicts how much they spent over the years. ;)

I think it’s fun, too. :D

Edit - mikelz777 - what’s your third one? There are only two in your signature! As the saying goes, “enquiring minds want to know”. And we are nosy and live vicariously. :)

I just ordered it and it hasn't even been shipped yet! :cool: I'll have to edit my signature when I receive it. I ordered a Limited Edition Ohana CK-120G which is an all-solid, grade 5A acacia with mahogany(?) comfort edge binding. Mim has another one listed for sale on Reverb. Mine is a more even brown color with more curling/tiger striping which is a bit more pronounced than the one shown in her current listing.

My last two ukes are the ones I play everyday and each one is worth just over $2,000.

I own 4 ukuleles. Total is over $2000. I play all 4 regularly. Each one gets playtime weekly depending on my mood & what music I’m working on. I have 5 figures worth of whitewater rafting and kayaking gear that gets used once or twice a month from spring to fall. It all makes me happy.

Last edited:
5 ukuleles, approx $2500 total. I'll definitely be sending some of them off someday, but I'm not sure which ones yet. I tend to play one or two of them for a few weeks and then switch it up.

Top Bottom