Poll: Add them up! How much have you spent on your current ukes?

How much have you spent on your current stable of ukes?

• $0 - $249

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • $250 - $499

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • $500 - $749

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • $750 - $999

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • $1000 - $1499

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • $1500 - $1999

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • $2000+

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
I was reluctant to respond to this poll. But it looks like I'm in roughly the same boat as you are. I also have just a hair over $1000 spent on three ukuleles (all of them purchased in pristine pre-owned condition).

I guess I just reluctantly "outed" myself. I was going to stick to just one baritone and one tenor. Now my second tenor was a very impulse purchase from a recent marketplace sighting. Once I saw it, I needed to get it, just to satisfy a years-long question in my head about a particular tonewood, one relatively scarcely seen on ukes. I don't regret it at all, but I do feel a bit guilty about it, and it won't happen again - or, if it does, another instrument will have to go beforehand, to make room. I have to stop clicking on marketplace ads. LOL

bratsche

It sounds like we're of a similar frame of mind. I had my starter uke and after assuring myself I was going to stick with the ukulele, I wanted a nice solid-wood uke so I bought my Ohana sinkerwood/rosewood concert. I was going to end it there but a big windfall came my way one day so I indulged my curiosity and splurged on a Pono tenor to see what tenors were all about. I never bonded with it or the tenor scale so I sold it - back to 2 ukes. Then one day out of the blue I saw this beautiful Kala solid spruce top/spalted flame maple concert and I had to have it which was a total impulse buy - back to 3 ukes. I too felt guilty about buying that 3rd uke but I never regretted it. I still love it but the guilt pushed me into selling my starter uke - back to 2 ukes. Over the last several months I have been selling a bunch of my stuff online and I found myself with a big chunk of change sitting in my PayPal account. My eyes turned to getting another uke and I rationalized this buy as not spending any household money or money I should have spent on something else. It's kind of like a trade, my old stuff for a new uke. That concert uke will be arriving tomorrow - back to 3 ukes. I'm stopping there. I'll never say never about a new uke making its way to me but if one does, one of my current ukes will have to go. With my current 3 I'm at about $1004.00

Last edited:
I've got 2 top of the line concert Fleas (bought new), and a standard concert Fluke (used), just a tad under $1,000 and I'm happy. I'm really hard on things, I don't like having to be too careful. I'd always be nervous handling a $1000+ uke. Besides, my playing doesn't call for it, yet.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. I think that's why I'm feeling guilty about buying a 3rd uke. My playing skills certainly don't warrant it. My playing probably doesn't even warrant the 2 ukes I already have! :D

Top Bottom