PUA KEA WALTZ from Daniel Ho's album

SoloRule

Reaction score
I decided to learn this piece over Easter weekend. This is my very first Daniel Ho's song.
Hope you like my interpretation of this song.
It is played on LFdM, low G tuning.
Thank you for watching.

OH WOW....Daniel Ho just made a comment and he shared my video on his Facebook wall! I am in heaven!!

27341154958_fb78d9961c_b.jpg
[/url]Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 3.05.40 PM by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
So nice, both your playing and Daniel Ho's comment. What an awesome community this is.

That is AWESOME! Congratulations, Brenda!

People don't realize the little thing they do or say could have such strong impact on the other person.
I can just die right now....:eek:

Thank you Kathryn, Kevin, Rainer and Eddie for your kind comments.
Just as Rainer said, ukulele is such an awesome community. :cheers:

Very cool tune and well played Brenda. It would not matter whether it was the LFdM or a lesser Uke you would still have made it sound great. It was really nice of Daniel Ho to comment, also a well written piece by Daniel Ho! Great job alround I think!
Mike

That's really cool, especially since you just learned it "over the weekend". I might be able to learn it over the course of a year, haha! :cool:

Very cool tune and well played Brenda. It would not matter whether it was the LFdM or a lesser Uke you would still have made it sound great. It was really nice of Daniel Ho to comment, also a well written piece by Daniel Ho! Great job alround I think!
Mike

Thank you Mike . LFdM is a magic Uke. It always make my playing sounds better .

That's really cool, especially since you just learned it "over the weekend". I might be able to learn it over the course of a year, haha! :cool:

Stephen, Please book me in Nashville ....may be under the bridge? :)

Beautifully played, Brenda. Congratulations on your achievement, getting Daniel Ho to like your performance, I am so happy for you.

Thank you Joseph . Yea it pretty cool!

Well done Brenda .. I don't know what a LFdM is , but it sounded good anyway, I'm guessing the last abbreviation "M' stands for Magic ..
You must be buzzing after seeing your song shared, I did a song cover which barely got acknowledged by anyone at all, a few days later it was "liked" by the songwriter's official page, and I remember that feeling, I couldn't sleep that night and ended up drinking a bottle of red to knock myself out. So you might want to make sure you have a bottle handy for yourself tonight :) Enjoy

Oh man there will be no living with her now........it will be Daniel Ho this and Daniel Ho that. Probably buy every type of Tiny Tenor available :biglaugh: Good thing you didn't buy that hoodie it wouldn't fit.

All joking aside I am really happy for you and proud of you. Your ability to sight read and learn songs quickly never ceases to amaze me as does your beautiful playing technique.

Now is that Tiny Tenor going to be mahogany, koa or mango:music:

Last edited:
Well done Brenda .. I don't know what a LFdM is , but it sounded good anyway, I'm guessing the last abbreviation "M' stands for Magic ..
You must be buzzing after seeing your song shared, I did a song cover which barely got acknowledged by anyone at all, a few days later it was "liked" by the songwriter's official page, and I remember that feeling, I couldn't sleep that night and ended up drinking a bottle of red to knock myself out. So you might want to make sure you have a bottle handy for yourself tonight :) Enjoy

Thank you for sharing your story. Can you please provide the link here so I too can enjoy your performance ?

It was very kind of Daniel Ho to make a comment and I thought he was just being polite . Within 10 minutes, I saw him re-posted my video on his personal Facebook page as well as his "Daniel Ho Creation page" . I ALMOST FAINTED ! I checked again this morning just to make sure he has not taken it down due to an accidental re-post or I dreamed it up. ha ha

I was being interviewed at the radio station yesterday's morning. I must be smiling from ear to ear , I hope the host doesn't think I was drunk :eek: (No it was not a ukulele or music related interview.) To say the least, he made me want to do another Daniel Ho's song and I am his forever loyal fan ;)

Last edited:
Oh man there will be no living with her now........it will be Daniel Ho this and Daniel Ho that. Probably buy every type of Tiny Tenor available :biglaugh: Good thing you didn't buy that hoodie it wouldn't fit.

All joking aside I am really happy for you and proud of you. Your ability to sight read and learn songs quickly never ceases to amaze me as does your beautiful playing technique.

Now is that Tiny Tenor going to be mahogany, koa or mango:music:

Dave, I was starring at a Mango TT ....how did you guess?
I did buy the hoodie , it's a size bigger so it should fit my big head.
I am on the wait list of Daniel Ho new guitar. Oh yes, you got that right. Daniel Ho is my new idol! :agree:
Thank you again for the nice compliments. I am a sight reading machine. LOL

Oh Simon (Sam 13) although you did not make a comment but I like to thank you for giving me a five stars rating. It's greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your story. Can you please provide the link here so I too can enjoy your performance ?

It was very kind of Daniel Ho to make a comment and I thought he was just being polite . Within 10 minutes, I saw him re-posted my video on his personal Facebook page as well as his "Daniel Ho Creation page" . I ALMOST FAINTED ! I checked again this morning just to make sure he has not taken it down due to an accidental re-post or I dreamed it up. ha ha

I was being interviewed at the radio station yesterday's morning. I must be smiling from ear to ear , I hope the host doesn't think I was drunk :eek: (No it was not a ukulele or music related interview.) To say the least, he made me want to do another Daniel Ho's song and I am his forever loyal fan ;)

That's great Brenda. Pretty funny, I was similar, I checked back several times and even asked some of my friends if they can see it or if I'm finally gone insane. i think it says a lot about the character of people, and to be honest I didn't even think my cover version was that great, I was even considering taking it down at some stage until I saw it had been liked by Sir Bob, then I changed my mind, those kind of things just don't happen often enough to be unappreciative about it, and the song was actually big in it's time, and it was a number 1 on the pop charts, and it was one of my favourites growing up. Amazingly, this one has turned out to be quite well liked, with 10 Likes on YT it is my most popular video I think. Yes I know 10 likes is lame, but I am just an amateur so I'm happy.
If you are interested you can view the song here , I wouldn't expect anything great but I hope you enjoy it https://youtu.be/fi9JTP6wAgw ..
And thanks for asking :) I've never been asked for a song by a famous person before ;)

Lovely Brenda, I'm impressed.

My biggest problem is memory, more like a forgettery nowadays.:rolleyes:

I am very grateful for your compliments and encouragements!
I would have worked much harder if I knew Daniel Ho was going to share this video.

Putter, it's a pleasant surprise to see you here. I am honoured. Thank you !

Top Bottom