Replacing Grover 9n with Gotoh UK700

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has any one done this? The specs have the holes for attaching, off by a fraction of a millimeter. I do not want to drill new holes or damage the ones there to try to fit UK700. I am hoping that they are drop in replacements..
Also, the way I read the spec, UK700 seem to be lighter. Has that been your experience?
Please help!

What's your motivation for the change? If it is less weight, I doubt you would even notice a difference. If it is smoothness of tuning, why not use Grovers? The die cast Sta-Tite™ with 18:1 Gear Ratio (97-18 Series) might just drop right in.

Thanks Uke Don, will keep that in mind but these look heavier than the ones already there and might be counter productive.

Has any one done this? The specs have the holes for attaching, off by a fraction of a millimeter. I do not want to drill new holes or damage the ones there to try to fit UK700. I am hoping that they are drop in replacements..
Also, the way I read the spec, UK700 seem to be lighter. Has that been your experience?
Please help!

If you make a new hole a fraction of a mm away from the original, I think you'll wind up with one large hole. You could try plugging the original hole with a toothpick. Of course, if the new hole is closer in, then the original hole will show, and you don't want that.

Top Bottom